Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Transmission help

PiNkY

Reaction score
Sup guys and gals! I haven't been on here in a while. Looks like my transmission has finally decided to crap out on me. I don't have a garage or the know how to even begin to tackle this. Anyone know of a reliable shop in Houston or better yet more out towards tomball area to get it fixed. Also if anyone has a spare transmission I would love to buy it off you if possible to make this fix easier. Thanks

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting Grumpy yet?

justin13703

Reaction score
I thought this was my thread for a second lol. But I'm in the same boat as you. I just posted a thread looking for replacement synchros for our transmissions.

PiNkY

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting Grumpy yet?

No I haven't tried getting ahold of anyone this was my first attempt, I will do though. Thanks

I thought this was my thread for a second lol. But I'm in the same boat as you. I just posted a thread looking for replacement synchros for our transmissions.

Haha yea I read yours but I'm not sure what mine needs.

I know there where a few upgrades that can be done to prevent the bearing from going out anything else that should be done besides a slightly beefier clutch?

krisxrunner

Reaction score
From my personal opinion I would go t56 for the reason they are plentiful. And are still 6 spd. Plus I would do it because I plan on going ls1 eventually.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Don't have any info on tha trans, still got that firewater thou
Holla sun...

PiNkY

Reaction score
From my personal opinion I would go t56 for the reason they are plentiful. And are still 6 spd. Plus I would do it because I plan on going ls1 eventually.

If I could afford it I would as well as a front mount turbo set up but this is my daily driver can't afford that.

Don't have any info on tha trans, still got that firewater thou
Holla sun...

Haha yes you do brother

06 xrunner

Reaction score
When you do the rebuild or put a different transmission in I'd recommend doing the URD throw out bearing sleeve kit. Don't wanna have the annoying throw out bearing squeak that many of us have had. I did mine a month ago and It's so much better.

You can order it from URD and they also have good prices on clutches

Good luck man

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Pinky, did you find what you needed? any updates? down to help:crinklehair:

PiNkY

Reaction score
Just met up with sir grumpy at a parking lot for an diagnosis. We'll after learning that I am way under managing my ride as far as maintenance I some how seemed to manage to deteriorate a small plastic gasket that the shifter sits between and the gears. To our knowledge this is a first - woo go me! Haha so Wednesday is gonna be some serious long overdo work......and to top it off I may have to replace my timing chain guard YEAH!!!

Top Bottom