Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD fit kit

Bang Bang

Reaction score
so all those bags with all those bolts nuts and brackets are in the fit kit and the main assembly is by its self? :hmmmm2:

Gadget

Reaction score
No.

The supercharger and all the common parts are packaged with the supercharger.

The parts that are unique to the specific application are sold separately. That is called the Fit Kit.

So, if you are going to install the TRD Supercharger on a Tacoma, you will need the Supercharger and the Tacoma Fit Kit.

If you are going to install it on an FJ Cruiser, you will need the supercharger and the FJ Fit Kit.

G

Bang Bang

Reaction score
I know they are fj, tacoma specific but I was inquiring if those bags are included in the fit kit. The instructions say the B bag is in the box with the main assembly but does not reference the other bags as directly being in the fit kit. Reason I ask is I picked up a used TRD supercharger with some parts. Main assembly, intercooler, cooling lines, pump, brackets, pulleys and a hand full of bolts. I know there are some things missing and am going home tonight to comb through it with the list. If all of this included in the fit kit then I will just buy one. If not then I guess it will be a long install and regret for not buying a new one. It would be easy to go ahead and assume that all those brackets and bolts are in there but I would rather get a conformation from someone who has installed one. Toyota parts rep could not tell me what was in it. Soo... any one?

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
If you look at the instructions, it breaks down the bags that come with the fit kit and what comes with the main assembly.

These is even illustrations of the parts.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Yup looks like Im screwed If TRD cant get me those bags or there will be some use of ingenuity. Im gona call the number provided in the instructions. :argh:

Ms.hottacoX

Reaction score
sorry to hear man, thats the downside to picking up a used kit....

hope it works out for ya bud and your boosting away soon!!!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
haha woops there we go, wrong account haha

Click

Reaction score
I know they are fj, tacoma specific but I was inquiring if those bags are included in the fit kit. The instructions say the B bag is in the box with the main assembly but does not reference the other bags as directly being in the fit kit. Reason I ask is I picked up a used TRD supercharger with some parts. Main assembly, intercooler, cooling lines, pump, brackets, pulleys and a hand full of bolts. I know there are some things missing and am going home tonight to comb through it with the list. If all of this included in the fit kit then I will just buy one. If not then I guess it will be a long install and regret for not buying a new one. It would be easy to go ahead and assume that all those brackets and bolts are in there but I would rather get a conformation from someone who has installed one. Toyota parts rep could not tell me what was in it. Soo... any one?

Call Charles at Burien Toyota - 206-243-0700; he's in parts. Ask him - he's a good guy, he won't give you the run around.

Murderface

Reaction score
I have a brand new in box Tacoma Fit kit here in NJ if ur interested? It's a friends and I will just need to find out what he wants for it

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Thanks man, but only thing i need from the fit kit is the hood support bracket which i can order seperately from toyota. The other parts are included in the main unit kit that I need. I can order the crank pulley, pump wiring harness as well but will end up having to use hardware store for the nuts, bolts and studs.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Ive been down this road. Your best bet will have to be calling TRD. They will tell you wht they have available for spare parts for the kit and how much of course.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yes the support bracket can be bought separate, after my accident the body had to order me a new heat exchanger, I/C pump and bracket and the ordered the stock bracket by mistake. I had to get them the right part# for the bracket

Top Bottom