Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD Installation Cost (how much did you pay?)

Blasphemous

Reaction score
This might not be the right section, mods feel free to move it.

[Rant]
So I purchased my TRD Supercharger online for 3890 w/ fit kit. Now I'm trying to get this thing installed...

Out of the 3 Toyota dealerships that I've called I have had 3 totally different quotes. One for $595, one for $1040 and one for $1570 :ahhhhh:

I have been very specific in that I wanted to know the full cost including the flash.

Seems like a simple solution right, go to the dealership that will install and flash for $595.

Well now they are not honoring that price, and want $1300+ because they "forgot" that they needed to upgrade the injectors. They were really hung up on the installation time of the injectors btw, bumping it from a 6 hour install to a 12 hour install plus an hour for the flash. :banghead:
[/End Rant]

How much is a fair price for the TRD SC installation?

JFrame

Reaction score
I've seen multiple threads on this. If you can get it for $595 that would be the best quote I've seen. Other forums people are reporting paying/getting quoted $750 - $1500 for the install and flash.

trd_sport

Reaction score
the reason some dealers are quoting a lower price is because they are basing it off the older gen trd superchargers which didnt include a reflash, injectors, or intercooler installation. They should have honored what they told you as its bad business not to, but now you know why the price has changed once they realized what was up.

Blasphemous

Reaction score
the reason some dealers are quoting a lower price is because they are basing it off the older gen trd superchargers which didnt include a reflash, injectors, or intercooler installation. They should have honored what they told you as its bad business not to, but now you know why the price has changed once they realized what was up.

Well, after talking to the service manager again they are going to honor the price of $595.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense as to what they were saying. He started talking about older 4Runners and their V6s.

Drop the truck off on Monday, he says that it will take a couple days.

Definitely excited now. :rockon:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
You should be excited and you should enjoy the supercharger once it's installed!

My dealer quoted me I think around 1400-1600$? Up in Canada and were my city is it was a little high.

Nick_c

Reaction score
So they had to bump the price $700 for a injector upgrade.
I'd take it somewhere else. TheY sound inexprenced and that's the kind of install your going to get....poowater.

cwatt

Reaction score
Well, it sounds like I'm late to the party. You could always do what I did - put up a post here on XR-U asking for some help and pay someone experienced in the install for their time. That's how John and I became friends.

Grumpy

Reaction score
You can do it yourself, minus the reflash. Its not difficult, read instruction twice and basic hand tools is all you need.

If you're in or near Houston Texas, I can do the install for cheaper than dealership.

Blasphemous

Reaction score
Well here's my dilemma, I want to keep the balance of my 5 year 60k warranty on the SC.

I have 7700 miles on the truck and the truck just turned 1 year old a week ago.

Otherwise I would have done this myself.

Btw, the guy that I talked to regarding the injectors bumping the price was in parts even though I asked for the service department. After talking to the service manager I feel pretty confident in his knowledge.

Although, I don't think he will be doing the work. I will make sure to talk to the guy(s) doing the work and get a feel for it. If things don't feel right I will walk away.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Mine was $5100 installed. I think it was 3800 for the blower. 300 for the fit kit. 595 for install. The rest was uncle sam's cut.

P.S. congratulations!

Last edited:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
sweet man, have a fun testdrive and watchout for cops! :blurock:

Ostrichsak

Reaction score
$0

It was installed when I bought the truck. CPO FTW!

:crinklehair:

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Who installed their own trd supercharger? I did and I know this truck inside out. It was a lot more than I anticipated and a pain in the butt.

memario1214

Reaction score
Who installed their own trd supercharger? I did and I know this truck inside out. It was a lot more than I anticipated and a pain in the butt.

Yeah I just got done installing mine a couple days ago... It took me a solid couple days, but I learned a lot and feel that I could get it done in a fraction of the time if I had to do it again.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Yeah, instructions dont make sense at times. It helps to read ahead. I bet techs hate these things. Glade its done though.

Top Bottom