Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD oil cooler installed

Miami_X

Reaction score
Getting the X ready for my planned 'Summer Track Tour', with Whitebeauty (Marc) turning wrenches - we install a TRD oil cooler on my X. Hats off to Marc! You rock, man!

3144544a-cde7-4d88-a534-52dfd968409f_zpsc746c678.jpg

081cc906-2745-4efa-a91f-b7c10720b1c9_zps5a89287e.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Very nice, but why are you calling it a TRD oil cooler?

G

Doublld

Reaction score
Isnt that just on 4x4 not on xrunners

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Comes on the factory installed tow package on the pre runner and 4x4. Just like JDM headlight. People think chnaging the name from reality makes it sound special.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Lol... It's the OEM Toyota oil cooler. Don't mind him he's on a TRD rampage...lol... Woohoo....

autobodyX

Reaction score
I call mine a TRD in my mod list, it does make it sound special. For what the thing costs I think the owner can call it what he wants!:eviltongue:

hiflyer

Reaction score
Have one for my fj and will be doing the same very shortly :)

Miami_X

Reaction score
Very nice, but why are you calling it a TRD oil cooler?

G
Probably because TRD is easier to type than 'Toyota 4x4 towing package factory option oil cooler'. No sinister purpose to my unintended misrepresentation of the origin of said part.

I call mine a TRD in my mod list, it does make it sound special. For what the thing costs I think the owner can call it what he wants!:eviltongue:

THIS ^^^^ :top:

Last edited:

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I felt like coupe's pan spacer was enough cooling upgrade for me. But I'm not planning to track or beat on my truck. Since you got both now you can rail the corners and rev up high with no worries!

Miami_X

Reaction score
I felt like coupe's pan spacer was enough cooling upgrade for me. But I'm not planning to track or beat on my truck. Since you got both now you can rail the corners and rev up high with no worries!

That's the plan, X-Freak. You're right, the extra volume of oil helps with some cooling, but the oil cooler is just more peace of mind - especially when I'm on some circuits here in south Florida; like Homestead Speedway or Palm Beach International Raceway.

X-FREAK

Reaction score
Sounds like a blast! Your right that south FL heat is no joke!

Gadget

Reaction score
The engine should of come with an oil cooler on it. The older 3.4L V6 did.

If you are doing anything other than driving the truck like grandma then you need this oil cooler.

It is should be considered required for anyone driving the truck like a teenager or running any kind of boost.

G

Miami_X

Reaction score
The engine should of come with an oil cooler on it. The older 3.4L V6 did.

If you are doing anything other than driving the truck like grandma then you need this oil cooler.

It is should be considered required for anyone driving the truck like a teenager or running any kind of boost.

G
Amen, Gadget. Especially in SoFlo.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score

Thats for DAMNED SURE!!
I still can't believe how pricey mine was and I got my parts mail order at a slight discount!

Dave

Top Bottom