Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD Reflash With a URD Blower

quicky06

Reaction score
Ive been thinking. Would this have much benifit behind it? Yzou get the Higher rev limiter. it tunes for larger injectors. and it can always be tweeked with a MAF cal.

What do you guys think? if i had a blower i would try it. The dealer probly would not flash it for you but you can get it flashed at most large shops.(well at my shop atleast).

I guess my real question is what all does the flash change.

I know it changes the revlimiter and the injector size but what else?

As far as i know there isnt really a way to get a deffinant awnser to this without talking to a toyota engineer which well u get the pint

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
You dont need it trust me:)

And you do it and it doesn't work right well you have to order an ECU because there is no flash back...

The AIC controls what you need.

ntinhri

Reaction score
yea the trd flash is only worth it to us that have the trd blower.. as Jason said there is no flash back to stock so your screwed if it doesnt work right.. just get the urd blower and go to MD and have gadget tune the heck outta it.. DO NOT GET THE TRD FLASH FOR YOUR URD UNIT.

ntinhri

Reaction score
what if you get the flash and your N/A
um no start, wont run, broke down truck..ect

I know that the trd reflash changes
timeing
rev limitor
close open loop
adjust for big injectors

and other things I just cant recall now. if your not boosted get a URD maf calb.. then soder theiwres during installation (sorry Jason) and go tune your truck! If your boosted you might try the ECUx2, it helped mine out alot I should get dyno'd sometime soon. also if your boosted you will want to look into the URD fuel pump upgrade. it really helped out my truck!:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
um no start, wont run, broke down truck..ect

I know that the trd reflash changes
timeing
rev limitor
close open loop
adjust for big injectors

and other things I just cant recall now. if your not boosted get a URD maf calb.. then soder theiwres during installation (sorry Jason) and go tune your truck! If your boosted you might try the ECUx2, it helped mine out alot I should get dyno'd sometime soon. also if your boosted you will want to look into the URD fuel pump upgrade. it really helped out my truck!:top:

How do you go about "sodering" these wires in question nut? :driver:

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
haaha Ill wait for gadget to explain.. all Ill say is that Gadget was under someones dash installing the aic and whatever else, we get a call then when we pull up
Gadget askes how jason like his MAF calb... everyone laughts.. Gadget on another member will finish the story.. hahah a I like jason so Ill throw him out there someone else can drive over him in the bus..lmao

ntinhri

Reaction score
and why wasnt it connected JASON??????????????? I think 7-11 sells better connectors than what you were using..

Stevenredx

Reaction score
If there's no way to roll back the ecu to stock after its been flashed, what do you do if you ever decide to remove the blower? :hmmmm2:

that just seems kinda crazy to me, not arguing it or anything but if thats the case you mean your gonna have to purchase a new ecu if you ever decide to remove the blower. :dontknow:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
If there's no way to roll back the ecu to stock after its been flashed, what do you do if you ever decide to remove the blower? :hmmmm2:

that just seems kinda crazy to me, not arguing it or anything but if thats the case you mean your gonna have to purchase a new ecu if you ever decide to remove the blower. :dontknow:

Fraid so my friend....

ntinhri

Reaction score
yea and a new ecu wont work cause of something else so its cheaper to leave the charge and chagre for it being on there..

RedXr

Reaction score
im am sure that there is a stock reflash. has to be. how they map to begin with?

HarryTasker

Reaction score
I just sold my trd blower and had to pay 960 bucks to get a new ecu. Traded in the truck for an rx8

RedXr

Reaction score
I just sold my trd blower and had to pay 960 bucks to get a new ecu. Traded in the truck for an rx8

hmmm..trd needs to figure something out on that, well then again, what do they care:laugh:

mergen

Reaction score
i don't see how tradeing out ecus, like trd blower to na a ecu, between the two trucks. wouldn't work, i now that each ecu has that trucks vehin. not sure though

quicky06

Reaction score
i don't see how tradeing out ecus, like trd blower to na a ecu, between the two trucks. wouldn't work, i now that each ecu has that trucks vehin. not sure though

wont work. The pcm is VIN written. the other modules wont talk to it if the vins dont match. this is why it asks u 5 times if the vin is correct when you calibrate a new pcm

Top Bottom