Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD S/C Pricing???

the_truth

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about picking up a TRD S/C for my '13 and got a pretty good quote... I think. Being in Hawaii, I'm pretty stoked that Servco Toyota quoted me an even $5k for the S/C, install kit and installation. However I did come across a post somewhere on XRU saying that you guys in the mainland can pick one up for $3k. This got me thinking, how much are the Toyota dealers marking it up over here for us in comparison to elsewhere? So I was hoping for you guys to chime in as to what you guys paid for your S/C and installation from the dealer. Thanks for participating!

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well ordering the kit online is the way to go. I know I felt pretty ripped off when I looked into pricing online after 1 yr of owning the supercharger and when I first joined up the forums.

Up here in Canada parts were overpriced IMO (this was something close that I paid for mine from my Toyota dealership)

Parts = 5500-5800$ ?? (don't remember now)
Labor = 1400$

Retarded lol

justin13703

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about picking up a TRD S/C for my '13 and got a pretty good quote... I think. Being in Hawaii, I'm pretty stoked that Servco Toyota quoted me an even $5k for the S/C, install kit and installation. However I did come across a post somewhere on XRU saying that you guys in the mainland can pick one up for $3k. This got me thinking, how much are the Toyota dealers marking it up over here for us in comparison to elsewhere? So I was hoping for you guys to chime in as to what you guys paid for your S/C and installation from the dealer. Thanks for participating!

If you're getting the sc, fit kit, and install for 5k you're getting a pretty good deal

spithead051

Reaction score
5k and under for the S/C, fit kit and install is a good deal. I got my S/C for $3700 here in VA

madtrucker

Reaction score
I paid $5,100 for mine at the dealer. For everything installed.

the_truth

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll be going through with it sometime next month. I guess I was just assuming that all Hawaii dealers take advantage of their strong hold on the market being that there is NO competition but I was wrong.

neb

Reaction score
Oahu

Hi all, first post

Sorry, was visiting from Tacomaworld and saw this and had to chime in. I'm out here on Oahu as well; just got a TRD S/C installed. Total was about $5200 out the door($4200 for the kit, $1k for install/fluids/gaskets/etc). You might be able to do a little better if you shop around. This was at Toyota SERVCO in Waipahu. I mostly went here because I'm a N shore resident and didn't want to drive all over the island. Overall a good experience with Customer Service though. I'm sure folks are getting out the door cheaper, but I didn't feel like I was gouged too bad. Probably because you get used to it in HI after a while.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Still have the guy's info if you want it.

Great forum btw. Don't have a X-Runner, but close with a TRD Sport w/6spd heheh. Every time I'm on here, I end up at URD making a wishlist..

Ben

madtrucker

Reaction score
Hi all, first post

Sorry, was visiting from Tacomaworld and saw this and had to chime in. I'm out here on Oahu as well; just got a TRD S/C installed. Total was about $5200 out the door($4200 for the kit, $1k for install/fluids/gaskets/etc). You might be able to do a little better if you shop around. This was at Toyota SERVCO in Waipahu. I mostly went here because I'm a N shore resident and didn't want to drive all over the island. Overall a good experience with Customer Service though. I'm sure folks are getting out the door cheaper, but I didn't feel like I was gouged too bad. Probably because you get used to it in HI after a while.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Still have the guy's info if you want it.

Great forum btw. Don't have a X-Runner, but close with a TRD Sport w/6spd heheh. Every time I'm on here, I end up at URD making a wishlist..

Ben

Stick around, introduce yourself.
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3
You'll be right at home here. Welcome aboard.

the_truth

Reaction score
Hi all, first post

Ben

Thanks for the info. I called all three Toyota dealerships and Leeward by far had the best customer service and price to boot. I live on that side anyway so it will be somewhat convenient for me also.

Oh and I do the same thing with URD. :giggity:

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
Cheapest I've found online for the SC with the fit kit is $3800. My dealer quoted me flat rate of $800 installed and they have done dozens of the SC.

the_truth

Reaction score
Wow, that's a good install rate. But the thing I don't understand is the service department here in Hawaii said that the would charge me a flat $1k for the install which would take 10 hrs of install time. At an average labor rate of $75/hr, the math does not add up... Even if they charged me $85/hr. What's up with that?!

justin13703

Reaction score
Wow, that's a good install rate. But the thing I don't understand is the service department here in Hawaii said that the would charge me a flat $1k for the install which would take 10 hrs of install time. At an average labor rate of $75/hr, the math does not add up... Even if they charged me $85/hr. What's up with that?!

My dealership here charges about 96 an hour.

STONER-X

Reaction score
when i had mine i looked on line... $3800.. then i went to toyota and asked them how much it was.. "they told me $4500..."

i told them "i can get it cheaper from another toyota in Dallas how much for just the install?"

they asked how much cheaper? i told them and the guy got his service manager and he did the SC and fit kit for $3600.. after all the other stuff i had it installed and out the door for $4400

try to see if they will work it out..

the_truth

Reaction score
My dealership here charges about 96 an hour.

Oh, well that makes sense... that's messed up, but it makes sense.

when i had mine i looked on line... $3800.. then i went to toyota and asked them how much it was.. "they told me $4500..."

i told them "i can get it cheaper from another toyota in Dallas how much for just the install?"

they asked how much cheaper? i told them and the guy got his service manager and he did the SC and fit kit for $3600.. after all the other stuff i had it installed and out the door for $4400

try to see if they will work it out..

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Top Bottom