Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD SC Leak

Blasphemous

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just had the TRD SC installed yesterday. I found a leak.

Pic posted of the leak, it is happening at the hose with the clip. I turned it 90 degrees clockwise and it seemed to stop.

img20130419130329256.jpg

If I go back outside in 20 minutes and it is still leaking, what should I do?

What is the purpose of this can anyways? Looks like it hooks up to the intercooler and runs back to the SC main unit.

Should I replace the fluid that was lost? I don't see a fill line inside the container.

Thanks!

Coupe

Reaction score
You need the reservoir. It not only is a way to add coolant, it also removes air from the system.

Fill it up with coolant, with the intercooler pump running. All you have to do, is put your key to on, you do not need the engine running. Fill it close to the the top, but not over flowing.

If you need a new can, I have a spare I can sell you.

justin13703

Reaction score
I would try putting a hose clamp on it too. The spring clamp may not be tight enough

Blasphemous

Reaction score
I would try putting a hose clamp on it too. The spring clamp may not be tight enough

I went through the install instructions shortly after posting this thread.

They installed the spring clamp on the wrong end of the hose! The proper screw hose clamp is on the other end. :banghead:

I'm going to stop by my local hardware store and pick one up on the way home, also some more coolant.

Is this just regular 'ol radiator coolant?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yup...pink stuff Toyota or standard green or whatever doesn't freeze....

Coupe

Reaction score
I like to keep pink in the radiator and green in the S/C intercooler.

That way when I see some coolant on the ground, it is easier to figure out where it is coming from.

Top Bottom