Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trd Super Charger cost????????????????

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
How much did you pay for your supercharger and installation and were you able to haggle the price in any way?

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
ebay is your best bet, unless you want to pay retail.

Haggle on the install is hard to do. Check all your local dealers and get quotes. They auto charge you 6 hours labor and a gallon of antifreeze. I paid $580 for mine. Some have paid more, some less. Just depends on the shops Labor rates.

Good luck

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
from what i've gathered on here the shop can't charge more than 6 hours labor which is roughly $600. as far as finding a blow keep a eye out on eBay they pop up every so often for like $2900

Gutz

Reaction score
I don't own an X but I paid $920 for install....the SC costed me my first born...and a leg.

blueballs

Reaction score
i got beau a good deal on his from big two toyota ( thanks john in parts ) it was $3525 for the S/C and the install was $500..

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
from what i've gathered on here the shop can't charge more than 6 hours labor which is roughly $600. as far as finding a blow keep a eye out on eBay they pop up every so often for like $2900

They can charge you more if they want. I know most dealers around here are charging a little more now since the install has been taking them more than 6 hours.

but they do not have to stick by the book if they know it is going to take more

They are not going to loose money because the book says it should take 6 hours

Justin

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
do the install yourself, bring it to the dealer to get flashed (or purchase an X1).

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I paid 2500 for my blower (used with 1000 miles on it), did the install myself and got it flashed for $90. Killer deal for me.

I was quoted up around $900 in las vegas to install the blower. But that was shortly after they were released and not many had been installed, so they were charging 10 hours or more for the install.

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
i just got mine off ebay for 3350 and getting it installed monday morning. the dealer quoted me $562 for total install

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
^x3 - did the install myself with the help of a good friend that had installed one previously. But I did all the work up to putting the blower on myself and if you just follow the instructions (which are VERY well written), you'll be fine. The hardest part was probably running all the hoses and wiring at the end. But then again, I wanted to do it --- I wanted to learn and it seemed like a golden opportunity to learn a little something and save $600.

Big_E

Reaction score
How much was it to get it flashed at the dealership?

BondXII

Reaction score
i just got mine off ebay for 3350 and getting it installed monday morning. the dealer quoted me $562 for total install

:eviltongue: jk. Who's installing it for you? I95 or up in Savannah? I guess we're going to have to meet up in Savannah like you mentioned a while back so I can see how it runs. :driver: Getting tired of waiting for Wayne to get his put in. :bird::laugh:

I've been trying to talk the wife into letting me get one now instead of waiting until its paid off. Not working out too well though. :hmmmm2:

Last edited:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
thanks for the help yall i will keep my eyes out on ebay

RedXr

Reaction score
In my honest opinion. I wouldnt go eBay. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy saving some coin when talking about a mod of this magnitude, but I like safety as well. Unless the eBay seller is an accredited dealer; I wouldnt purchase from them. When you buy from a true dealer, you have an accredited business that you can walk in/or call and go after if something went faulty. Many things can happen during shipping or something totally unexpeted could happen, and you would be out some huge cash. Just my .02!

I paid $3650 shipped from www.trdparts4u.com

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
well believe it or not the ebay deal comes from a dealer.... and there have been many kits shipped out flawlessly so i think saving some coin on any mod is cool. if your worried about install, get it done at the dealer. and the thing with the x-1 is you dont need to flash the ecu, so if u decide to sell, u can just pull off the s/c. with the trd reflash it is permanent, they cannot reflash the ecu to stock. just something to think about

RedXr

Reaction score
well believe it or not the ebay deal comes from a dealer.... and there have been many kits shipped out flawlessly so i think saving some coin on any mod is cool. if your worried about install, get it done at the dealer. and the thing with the x-1 is you dont need to flash the ecu, so if u decide to sell, u can just pull off the s/c. with the trd reflash it is permanent, they cannot reflash the ecu to stock. just something to think about

True. But the problem remains, most see eBay as an outlet and not a retail fashion. I cant say this about all manufacturers, but most wont warranty things that are sold on eBay.

czar_dom

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know or have the file to the instructions to install a trd s/c? thanks

D.A.C

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
True. But the problem remains, most see eBay as an outlet and not a retail fashion. I cant say this about all manufacturers, but most wont warranty things that are sold on eBay.
its sent in a sealed TRD box like it comes from them. I bought one. Had dealer install it. Guess what...I have a full warranty on mine.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I think toyota territory or trd sparks has the best retail price. Please let us know if you know of a better deal. :biggrin:

Top Bottom