Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd supercharger ecu flash problem

Gee

Reaction score
So, I installed a TRD supercharger on my 09 XRunner 4.0 and for some reason the dealership's tech stream will not re-flash my ecu. it gets to a point in the flash that tells you to turn the key off and wait 10 seconds, then turn the key back on. After the key cycle and u hit the next button, it stops the flash and a question mark(?) appears in the middle of the screen with and error box. Has this happened to anyone??? Please help, and thank you!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So, I installed a TRD supercharger on my 09 XRunner 4.0 and for some reason the dealership's tech stream will not re-flash my ecu. it gets to a point in the flash that tells you to turn the key off and wait 10 seconds, then turn the key back on. After the key cycle and u hit the next button, it stops the flash and a question mark(?) appears in the middle of the screen with and error box. Has this happened to anyone??? Please help, and thank you!

hmmmm....might need to request a new file, very well could be a bug in it. also try a different tech-stream. As far as i can tell, your the first to have this happen.

Just out of curioustiy, do you have the 90l recall (gas pedal "recall") done?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've heard there are a couple different flashes out there. At least two I can think of. One that requires the brake override flash prior and one that doesn't. They may have discontinued the one that doesn't ( I hope not). Maybe they're trying to flash yours with the one that requires the brake override that you don't have?? Only thing that comes to mind. There are much brighter minds than mine here, hopefully they'll chime in as well.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
From what I've heard there are a couple different flashes out there. At least two I can think of. One that requires the brake override flash prior and one that doesn't. They may have discontinued the one that doesn't ( I hope not). Maybe they're trying to flash yours with the one that requires the brake override that you don't have?? Only thing that comes to mind. There are much brighter minds than mine here, hopefully they'll chime in as well.

That's what i was getting at...the dealer couldn't do the TRD reflash (on my truck), with out first doing the 90l reflash....

Gee

Reaction score
I don't have the 90L tsb taken care of yet. The other tsb is for a no-start condition that only applies to 05-07. I'll have to try the 90L and see if that's the problem. Thanks for the help, hope to get some more!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Before you do that I'd see if they can get the other flash, I know it's been done.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I don't have the 90L tsb taken care of yet. The other tsb is for a no-start condition that only applies to 05-07. I'll have to try the 90L and see if that's the problem. Thanks for the help, hope to get some more!

Opt out of the actual recall, just ask them if doing the re-flash FOR THE recall might help, if all else fails.. :top:

1. Ask for different Tech-stream
2. See if you can request new re-flash file
3. 90l re-flash+ TRD re-flash and see if it will work.

Before you do that I'd see if they can get the other flash, I know it's been done.

It has... Toons truck for 1...but there are some screwy in-between years and what not...:hmmmm2:

Last edited:

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
keep us up to date Gee if this gets resolved. When I had mine put in it was prior to the 90L, and I still haven't had it done. I agree with everyone else, see if they can enter the code that it was done without doing it, or see if they can bypass it somehow. Then get the S/C reflash. You may have to get the mod done but try to bypass it in any way possible.

Gee

Reaction score
Got it fixed! had to do the 90L re-flash first then it went right through. My buddy works for Toyota, so I just had the flash done and he didn't touch my pedal. :D

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ask about the other flash (without the 90L)? Congrats on getting it running.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Finally! When you get that TB on let me know, I want to try it out!

Gee

Reaction score
There was only one flash available for my truck.
I order a URD pulley for the s/c and was wondering if it is 100% necessary to tune it. The stock pulley is 3" and the URD pulley is 2.85".

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
There was only one flash available for my truck.
I order a URD pulley for the s/c and was wondering if it is 100% necessary to tune it. The stock pulley is 3" and the URD pulley is 2.85".

Your going to start leaning the truck out. Need full list of exhaust and intake mods.

With out an air/fuel gauge, letting you know where your at, you might run too lean. Each re-flash and truck seems to respond different With my truck, in 70* weather im ok with just the reflash....but when the temp dropped here in cali, i started to lean out a bunch. Hope this helps :top:

NVM...i see your mods. Yeah, you need to watch it, your getting near the limit of the TRD injectors.

Gee

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your help, i'll keep a close eye on my air/fuel, they claim 1.7 to 2 more pounds of boost but wasn't sure on the injector range. i'll keep you guys updated so maybe this can help someone in the future!

also, if anyone else cares to chime in on the subject on the parts that are about to go on, it would be much appreciated! definitely make things a lot easier and a much better peace of mind! lol

Murderface

Reaction score
With an intake and long tubes I maxed out my TRD injectors with the URD 2.825" pulley. Now that it's getting colder out ur really gonna be lean. If u really want that extra boost ur gonna need an X-1, MAPECU3 or UCONN so that u can run bigger primaries

Toon714

Reaction score
when i was trd s/c.
i got my reflash without any other crap done to it from the dealership.
just reflashed and called it a day....
damn i guess i got lucky with my reflash.

Top Bottom