Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD supercharger max output ?

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Haha. Nice... Gadget, is there a twinscrew project in the works?

srt761

Reaction score
Has anyone made anything close to 400 whp on a trd setup?

waleed

Reaction score
ppl here run 13-14psi with the trd s/c, smaller pulleys, forged internals, good set of cams, close to 400rwhp I believe
my friend is now aiming for 14psi, I'll keep you updated with the numbers, maybe later today

srt761

Reaction score
since the TRD s/c is a m90 eaton ive found that there are quite a few cars that run the m90. is it possible to use one of those on our trucks?

Super Werty

Reaction score
since the TRD s/c is a m90 eaton ive found that there are quite a few cars that run the m90. is it possible to use one of those on our trucks?

yea its possible but you will have to make quite a few custom parts to make it work. might as well go with a m112 or larger if you're gonna try retro fitting a different blower like that....or even a TVS or twin screw

srt761

Reaction score
What all would have to be made? I have a buddy that's sellung a m112 thsts been race ported off of his lightning

Coupe

Reaction score
If you are looking for a "deal", buy an engineered system like the TRD or URD. By the time you make all of the items you need, you are going to spend a lot more.

srt761

Reaction score
I'm wantin something in the 350-400 whp range but still keep it as my DD. I was doin so.e lookin and found that the TRD is a m90 so I was curious as to how hard it would be to use one for our trucks

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a TRD with the normal mods, LT, NST pullies, TRD CAI, APR X-1, APR 7th inj. I drive this truck daily and dyno at about 360 HP.

The point I am trying to make, when you have to make some custom parts to make something fit, you are charting yourself into new territory. You are probably going to be the first person to do it. So you get to pay for the custom engineering and custom fabrication. I am sure it can be done, but you can achieve your goal without going in that direction.

srt761

Reaction score
360 hp is pretty damn good. I keep hearing guys say that the trd setup isn't capable of such hp and to go URD. I like the TRD look and the fact that its toyota made, I'm new to the s/c scene so all thus stuff is faiy new, turbos Its thing but the custom fabrication is costly lol. What psi you running?

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I made 342 whp and 360 tq with TRD Intake, 1st gen DTLT, and custom exhaust, NST lowers, stock injectors, TRD Reflash. Power can be made on the TRD unit. I doubt you'd be seeing 400 with out a built motor and quiet a bit more boost. My set up saw around 7.5-8 psi.

srt761

Reaction score
Pretty good amount of boost. Is 360 hp the most thsts been pushed out of that setup?

cwatt

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the TRD unit isn't build by them, it's branded by them. However, since they endorse it, that's all relative.

No, 360 isn't the most. The jury is still out on a few mods (namely port and polishes), but Whitebeauty would be the person to watch - he seems to be going all out on his TRD unit with the smallest combination pulleys and so on. He's also running e85. In any respect, that 360hp number posted by Coupe is with, as he said, the "standard" list of mods (very similar to me - 2.85" pulley, DTLTs, TRD CAI, APR 7th, URD UCON) and the truck pulls. The smallest pulley available is the 2.6" by URD, so that would obviously produce more. The reason most people stop here is because the increased blower speeds creates a lot of heat, so there's a point of diminishing return to consider. More too, you'll also increase blow-by and the risk of damaging other engine components. I'd say this is the 'bang for buck' stop. Any further down the line and you're looking at internals, and most just aren't interested in squeezing that last drop out (the phrase 'cost prohibitive' comes to mind).

Bottom line, TRD units (especially those second hand) can offer great performance for value. Since however you keep talking about all-out power, go buy a URD system. Simple.

Oh, and boost doesn't equal power. URD units run cooler and are therefore able to make more power at lower PSI.

srt761

Reaction score
I'm not lookin for crazy hp numbers, I was figuring anywhere from 360-400 whp would be sufficient. I still want it to last and be reliable

justin13703

Reaction score
To get to a solid 400 hp on a trd will be tough. And then like has been said, I would be concerned about the life of your engine at that point

srt761

Reaction score
If I can get Coupe's numbers or slightly better ide be happy. I still need the engine to last dince its my DD. Everyone I've talkd to said the most you could do on a TRD was a lil over 300. So 360 or a lil better would be good

Top Bottom