Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD Supercharger

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Just had a question that I've been juggling around in my head for a bit.
I've been wanting to get a TRD supercharger, but is there a way to refinance my vehicle to have the supercharger added on to my truck payments? I really don't want to do two loans, especially since the supercharger is only going to have 12,000miles/12 month warranty. Any input from people that work at Toyota is definitely appreciated!

Coupe

Reaction score
My guess since you have a 2014, you may not have gotten to the break even spot in your loan, unless you had a large down payment.

Look at what your vehicle is worth and what you owe on your loan. If you owe more than the truck is worth, it probably is not going to happen. Plus you will be refinancing a used vehicle, so you may have a higher interest rate.

I would just put some money aside and when you have enough green, you can have some more zoom.

Reaction score
I had the dealership put the trd supercharger in the loan when I bought the truck back in 09.

Getting someone to refinance it to add the supercharger doesn't sound easy.

besides you want the URD setup lol

Reaction score
As far as I know, you cannot finance the blower along with the truck payment. People that say they do might have a large down payment which is used to purchase and install the blower.

Reaction score
I put 3k down. But I started out negotiations wanting the trd blower.

I walked in said I want a supercharged x runner for under 30k OTD.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see why not, being able to get it put in with a new loan. I was able to put in a $2k set of BBS wheels with mine. They weren't one of the options on the list. I wanted to buy the separately, but the service manager advised that I would pay 6% tax on the wheels versus 8.25% alone. But then again, at the end of 5 years, and interests rates, you still end up paying more. Lol.

justin13703

Reaction score
You can finance whatever you want into a vehicle when you buy it, including a TRD supercharger. All they do is add the price of whatever onto the price of the vehicle and that will change your payments.

As far as refinancing a brand new truck to add a supercharger, I wouldn't do it. Like coupe said just put some money aside for a while and when you have enough just pay for it in cash.

Reaction score
It all depends on the dealership honestly. I did it back in 08. Some were able to do it some weren't back then.

Top Bottom