Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tremec 56

Eraser

Reaction score
Would it be practical to do the swap on N/A. Or would it be overkill?

Thoughts?

Coupe

Reaction score
It would not be over kill. I would do it.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard several complaints that with a t56 swap guys are hit and miss finding third..... Some are unhappy with the trans, any other thoughts from those who have done it

Coupe

Reaction score
I bought a T56 magnum. I have had no problems with 3rd.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I also heard a couple of members having issues with finding third when shifting @ high rpm's

Coupe

Reaction score
Do you grip the ball?

My wife complains of this, but she was gripping the ball, when shifting into 3rd.

You should just let the ball fall in the "V" of your hand and push forward. Let the shifter do the work, do not let your hand guide it.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Only had mine in a week and a half, and the apr shifter feels "undefined". Finding gears is a bit wierd, but I think once the shifter is broken in, it'll be fine. I will say, no grinding and much better gearing on this bad boy. The pros outweigh the cons by far. You can also just get a different shifter than the aPr one. It would just take a bit of extra work.

Eraser

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the input. Does Apr still produce the swap kit? Or am i SOL

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard several complaints that with a t56 swap guys are hit and miss finding third..... Some are unhappy with the trans, any other thoughts from those who have done it

Who has said they are unhappy with it?

And I cant imagine that not being able to find third has anything to do with the kit, unless shifter placement is very odd in the X?

APR had a group buy a while ago and it was supposedly the last time they would be available, but I bet that if you called them up they would be able to help you out.

If not i have an unused kit sitting in my shed i could sell for.....

drevil.jpg

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
90% sure the problem is all in the shifter. I need to get around to trying out a proven aftermarket shifter and I will know for certain.
Is it the absolute best choice for a swap, probably not... But I never regret doing it, and the end result is great. So much better than the hunk that came from the factory.

Do you grip the ball?

My wife complains of this, but she was gripping the ball,

hhhmmmm :laugh:

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok ok... We had already had a few beers but when we talked about it at XFE what black-xrunner said above came up and gadget as well had a few things to say, ultimately a quarky trans that works is much better than the pos that can't shift...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Ok ok... We had already had a few beers but when we talked about it at XFE what black-xrunner said above came up and gadget as well had a few things to say, ultimately a quarky trans that works is much better than the pos that can't shift...

yeah, not perfect, but night and day better than stock. Should be a simple to fix the "quirks" as well.
And if I break something in it parts are readily available, upgradeable, and reasonably priced.
I would still recommend this mod to anyone :top:

Top Bottom