Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

truck bed bolts

jtnyc

Reaction score
I bought the larger Dodge D-rings to add to the truck bed, but when I removed the stock bolts (6) that bolt the bed to the frame, I saw that some of them are badly rusted.

I soaked them in a cup full of rust remover overnight and was able to remove most of the rust, but some of the threads don't look clean and the black coating is no longer there. I'm guessing it's better to just replace them?

Can someone help me find the part number for those bolts? I called a local dealer but she gave me a number that doesn't look right... Anyway, there are 3 rows of two for a total of 6. They have a T-55 Torx head and a washer attached.

Also, what's your favorite place to get OEM parts such as these? I will need them before Friday... so may need to just get them from a local dealer?

Thanks for the help

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
did some searching on TW. This is the part number it came up with 641890C011

as for oem parts, I like toyotapartsales.com

autobodyX

Reaction score
My bolts on the 09 were that way and I cleaned then on my bench grinder, It has a wire wheel on one side, and then I painted them with a satin rustoleum, then oiled the threads and the nut down in the bed flloor, can't paint down in there.

jtnyc

Reaction score
autobodyX,

ya I think I'll do the same with the ones that still had good threads. I had 2-3 that had rust in the thread aready (and were a pain in the ass to get out), plus the torx head was starting to strip... so I'll just replace those ones.

D

dreamers

My truck Bed bolts are becoming rusty and honestly I hate the look of them. They just have surface rust to them. I have thought about just sanding them off and painting them black to make them blend in. I really wanna get some stainless ones so they will look better and won't have to worry about rust.

JFrame

Reaction score
The heads on mine were rusted so I cleaned them up and hit them with a sort of rubberized bed liner spray.

Top Bottom