Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck cost me $233.70 today

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Well, long story short, I had been having a steering wheel vibration around 60mph, so I figured it was an alignment issue. Also, last Thursday, I started hearing this sand coming from the passenger side of my truck that sounded like pouring sand. I can't describe it any better than that, it sounded like pouring sand. Narrowed it down to be coming from the A/C, because it wouldn't make the noise when the A/C was off. Even when the A/C was on, it would only make the noise when accelerating, stopping, and turning, but not while cruising.

I assumed something had been sucked into the A/C somehow, but Toyota discovered that the A/C drain hose had gotten clogged, and filled up the drain pan, then the pan spilled over into the blower motor. The noise I was hearing was the water shifting through the motors bearings, which gave it that unique sound. After draining the water, they were hoping to just put the motor back in, but all the grease had washed off the bearings, and they were pretty much shot. They should me my motor, then showed me a new one, and mine looked like hell. The blower motor cost me a $145, and the vibration i was having was not my alignment, turned out to be one of balancing weights on my front passenger tire. They re-balanced it, and I had them re-balance all the tires, and rotate them. Luckily my friend was there, and he didn't charge me for labor, only the motor, and the balance/rotation. Came out to be $233.70.

I'm poorer now, but my A/C is blowing better than it ever has, and my ride is smooth again!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
X_X congrats on the sand removal :laugh: :laugh: I can't say anything I had a very unusual problem yesterday as well but I won't share it here :top:

nine9six

Reaction score
Damn man, that's a bummer. Luckily your buddy was able to lessen the impact on your wallet a bit. :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
sounds like a case of fail....
barrel-roll-dog.gif

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
glad you got everything back to new...:top:

i feel your pain bro...I'm sitting at the stealership right now...getting serviced by 1 of my friends...glad he lets me bring in my own oil and filters...saves me some cash...:smile:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Glad you got it taken care but if you would have asked around some of could help diagnose your vibration. If ya feel it in the seat then its prolly drivetrain, feel it in the steering wheel usually wheel balance or a bearing something.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Glad you got it taken care but if you would have asked around some of could help diagnose your vibration. If ya feel it in the seat then its prolly drivetrain, feel it in the steering wheel usually wheel balance or a bearing something.

I knew where the vibration was coming from, and knew it was either alignment or balance, I wasn't worried about that. The big thing was the A/C, and there was know way of even knowing what it was unless you took the blower motor apart. Plus, the sound it was making, did not sound close to anything I, or anyone else I let listen, had heard before.

DBL-BD

Reaction score
Its good to have friends! Glad it worked out for ya.

Top Bottom