Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck Grinds when i shift from 1st to 2nd!

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
My Truck shifts fine when driving at 7/10ths but when i go foot to the floor and try to shift to
2nd it grinds like hell and wont engage until at lower rpms. Is it my syncros?

I have DTLTs APR X1 AEM Intake Cam Gears, URD 3in. catback

I want to take my truck to the track and see what she can do and it aint gonna be much
when the bitch wont go into 2nd! lol thanks

:blurock:

Murderface

Reaction score
it grinds like hell and wont engage until at lower rpms. Is it my syncros?

I have DTLTs APR X1 AEM Intake Cam Gears, URD 3in. catback

Welcome to the club! You e got bad synchros. Also how's it possible to put AEM intake cam gears on our truck with the intake cam being the VVT-i? Did u mean APR X-1 with exhaust cam gears?

Well if u have any warranty left I'd say take it in for a new trans and if not then start looking for a low mileage trans to swap it out with.

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Yea forgot the comma, intake, and apr cam gears. A whole new trans that blows. If the shit went that easily i may as well do a T56 swap. I bought the truck off a lease not new. Had it since 09.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! You e got bad synchros. Also how's it possible to put AEM intake cam gears on our truck with the intake cam being the VVT-i? Did u mean APR X-1 with exhaust cam gears?

Well if u have any warranty left I'd say take it in for a new trans and if not then start looking for a low mileage trans to swap it out with.

I think he just missed some commas LOL. Try this

DTLTs, APR X1, AEM Intake, Cam Gears, URD 3in. catback :biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
If they have any T-56 swap kits available id say go for it, you'll end up spending 5K+ but at least u won't have any more grinding and you'll get some better MPG's from the better gearing

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
5k ? There goes the money for the supercharger lol.

there any way i can just have it rebuilt?

Last edited:
Top Bottom