Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tundra owners please help

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Ok, so about 6 months ago, I installed my old JVC SD flip out in my wifey's tundra. Everything went fine. After we intalled, we noticed that when you turn the lights on, it turned the clock off on the dash as well as the lights for the AC controls.

So, today (after listening to my wife complain on a weekly basis :laugh:) I decided to take the dash apart to see if I could find the problem. No problems with the wiring. Wiring is tight. I checked all fuses and even diconnected the battery.

So I came upstair and got on the internet to see if others have had this problem. It just happens to be that other Tundra owners have had this problem when installing an aftermarket stereo. It was descovered that it is either a relay or the guage cluster (which cost up to 600 dollars). I tried to reply to the thread, but I have to register.

So my question is has anyone else experenced this problem. If so, how did you fix it.
Sorry for the long post.........but I need to fix this problem so my wife will get off my butt about it.... :biggrin:

NoKz

Reaction score
I haven't had that issue at all and I've had 2 different head units in my truck. Sorry I can't be of more help.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
From TS: "look for a resistor in the back of the clock or the relay switch wiring to confirm if this indeed prevents the voltage from being passed on to the clock cluster."

If that^^ isn't the problem, then you will need to get a new gauge cluster due to the fact that something got fried, or shorted out:thumpdown:

Gutz

Reaction score
No idea man...I still roll with my stock radio...... :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
From TS: "look for a resistor in the back of the clock or the relay switch wiring to confirm if this indeed prevents the voltage from being passed on to the clock cluster."

If that^^ isn't the problem, then you will need to get a new gauge cluster due to the fact that something got fried, or shorted out:thumpdown:

yeah, I saw that on one of the sites. The think I don't understand is that the clock works if you don't have the lights on....

Top Bottom