Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tundra TRD Sport

brotharon

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, didn't see anywhere else to post this at.

Well, I am almost done with my current rotation to the technology capital of the world, Afghanistan. I was really looking at getting an X-Runner, but the other day was looking at Tundras and found the TRD Sport Tundra...I love it, and I got the nod from the wife on buying one...problem is that there is not one available within 500 miles of my house...anyone have any idea how long it takes to order one from the factory? How does that work with rebates and everything? I have never ordered a vehicle from the factory before, so this is all new territory to me. :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
Contact 2006nightrider. He can find that truck for you!!

Tell him Gadget sent you.

G

Last edited by a moderator:

brotharon

Reaction score
Thanks, G. I will shoot him an email when I get back home :)

KETCHUP

Reaction score
why not have the best of bold worlds.......

X runner inspired Tundra.....

tundra-x-runner2.jpg

tundra-x-runner1.jpg

tundra-x-runner3.jpg

just messin bro. hope u find the vehicle of ur dreams. Buy and X brotha!!

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Holy fender gap batman...that thing needs to be dropped in the rear...like mine. :laugh:
tundra-x-runner3.jpg

trd_sport

Reaction score
^ you guys talking about rear fender gap? LOL that's nothing!!

What is the difference between the sport and regular tundra?

brotharon

Reaction score
TRD Sport Tundra has sport tuned suspension (Tundra forum says it is about 2" lower than a regular Tundy), blacked out grille and bumpers, debadged on sides and tailgate, 20" forged alloy wheels, billet aluminum shifter and pedals, and sport cloth seats...oh and it has a rollpan on the rear instead of a rear bumper...

shaX 07

Reaction score
Why go for the Tundra over the X? Do you need a full size truck? You may as well save some coin by getting the X and using that extra money for MODs :top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
In 2008 models, the SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE:

Includes color-keyed front and rear bumpers and grille surround, fog lamps, sliding rear window with privacy glass.

Excludes towing equipment: tow hitch receiver, 7-pin connector, trailer brack controller prewire, supplemental transmission cooler, TOW/HAUL mode switch, transmission fluid temp gauge, 4.300 rear differential ratio on 5.7L/4.100 rear differential ratio on 4.7L models (regular cab includes all SR5 equipment except chrome-only bumpers and grille surround, available with Standard Bed only).

May also include the 20" carved alloy wheels (?).

Tow Capacity Changes:
From 10,300 to 8,300 lbs on the 5.7L 4x4
From 10,600 to 8,600 lbs on the 5.7L 4x2

Rear Differential Ratio Changes:
From 4.300 to 3.909 on 4.7L
From 4.300 to 4.100 on 5.7L

I don't know about the newer models.

brotharon

Reaction score
I would rock it too ;)

As far as pricing goes, I got a quote from a dealership at $28,636.00 before tax, title, and license for the Tundy, so it is only like 4k more than a new X. No, I do not need a full size truck, but I am sure that I can find some uses for having one. Would have been nice to have when the Army moved me from Washington State to Georgia :thumpdown: Only problem with the dealer that quoted me that price is that they do not have one...:dontknow::hmmmm2:

Gutz

Reaction score
^^Great choice!!! :D I'll sell ya mine......................................NOT! :D Good luck, be safe!!

5441_100490_full.jpg

lvxr

Reaction score
those are sweet...is this only available in single cab?

brotharon

Reaction score
Nope, it is available in single and double cab, but not in the crew cab. The double cab has plenty of room for anyone from what I have been told...I hear that the crew cab is ridiculously huge..:crinklehair:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
the other day was looking at Tundras and found the TRD Sport Tundra...I love it, and I got the nod from the wife on buying one...problem is that there is not one available within 500 miles of my house...anyone have any idea how long it takes to order one from the factory? How does that work with rebates and everything? I have never ordered a vehicle from the factory before, so this is all new territory to me. :top:
Usually takes about 30-45 days to special order it. I ordered mine back in December when our region was first allocated them. The truck showed up about 2 weeks ago.

I have the only one within 500 miles sitting out front right now:laugh:
Thanks, G. I will shoot him an email when I get back home :)
I removed my email address...but shoot me a PM if you need anything:top:
I likey this TRD Tundy!!

Here is ours-->

sporttundra.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
That looks nice! Dave you shoulda ordered black instead of red!

Top Bottom