Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tuner Question

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Any of the SoCal members can you recommend a good performance tuner in the area? Thx.

JC2011XR

Reaction score
No device yet, but I have been seeing that alot of recommendations call out for a MAP-ECU3 or a URD MAF sensor?? Any ideas?

Gadget

Reaction score
I send the customer's in that area to AutoWave. I think they are in Huntington Beach.

They are a Honda tuning shop and have tunes lots of trucks with URD's stuff on it and never got a bad report on them from anyone.

G

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Not boosted. Makes a difference on the type of device, right?

Thanks Gadget. I spoke to you today about some DT LT's . I hope to order a set from you soon.

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Not boosted. Makes a difference on the type of device, right?

If you plan on staying n/a then maf cal for sure, If you plan on boosting then go with map-ecu, x-1 or the new one urd's coming out with

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Does the maf cal or the map-ecu etc. require a professional tuner or are they plug and play?

triumphx

Reaction score
Not necesseraly a pro tuner but you do need a wideband as well and know what your doing. Understand open/closed loop, know what a/f ratios are needed. I suggest you google it or get a book about it and just study. If your stayin n/a its alot easier to tune than boost.

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Are tuners(devices) worth it when you have no performance mods?

Top Bottom