Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Install FINALLY!!!

07SWB

Reaction score
You gotta bring it up to PIR sometime and see how it runs down the track

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
epic fail! stripping everything off the that is needed we begun to install the turbo my buddy saw the welds was not impressed and he ported the manifold in order to do that he pulled the turbo off with the exhaust housing attached noticed that a bolt was boken off in the exhaust housing and one just missing lets just say I need to talk with the person i bought the kit from. more details to come. plus pics.

X-roller

Reaction score
wow that's a bummer man. Rexrunner is a pretty stand up guy from what I have gotten to know. I bought his tranny from him.

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
well I'm looking forward to talking with him a bit bout it. I figured he is. yeah you have to build them your self.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had mentioned the same thing about cleaning up those welds when we talked. They clogged the exhaust flow a good amount, I remember. I'm glad you're getting them ported smooth though. It's necessary. Sucks about that bolt though. Something you can just replace with another?

Just think. You're improving an already good kit and just making it that much better.

Did you happen to get the fuel pressure regulator, and a gauge or two yet? I have an Autometer brand Carbon fiber style boost gauge if you'd like.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get the manifolds for the turbo?

well I'm looking forward to talking with him a bit bout it. I figured he is. yeah you have to build them your self.

They're all one off custom :top:

OP - Good luck with the rest of the install, and get some PICS already. This thread is useless without.........

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
dude how much for the boost? yeah here we go take a look at this pics the bolt was just the start of the turbo issue hope fully theses pics will display the level of F'ED UP the turbo not sure if rexrunner knew but it was toasted. oh and where do i 660 injectors for like 100 even or less?
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
there were bearings that feel out after removing the turbine from the intake side which should never ever happen unless the turbo is just done like dead horse then you set it on fire done.

Last edited:

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
yup i called him last night. he hasn't called back. i think the right thing to do is give me back some of my money he sold me in his words a working 500whp turbo kits I'm not going to hold him to the 500hp but i will on the working turbo part.

RedXr

Reaction score
keep on this guy zach. Get all his information, and someone should hear about this on the justice side. This makes me furious.

qponde51

Reaction score
damn sucks dude! gl with getting it all resolved! I cant wait to see this truck up and boosting :adore:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not lambaste Rex quite yet guys. Hopefully this is a completely honest mistake and everything gets ironed out smoothly. But it is very unfortunate that toyotaguy ended up with a turbo kit sans turbo :thumpdown:. The right thing for him to do would be to refund you the cost of the damaged parts. Good luck bro.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I was going to pick up his kit too...but I went URD instead...

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
yeah right now i'm tracking down a new turbo same one as before this way i know it will bolt up. no answer back yet from him I'll try calling again today I'm inclined to believe its honest mistake for now.
Little rough when this was a well planned tight budgeted build but wanting it done right is worth it.
I'd say 800 would be fair considering these turbo's are 1100 dollars.

Top Bottom