Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo/SC/NO2, which one will get the most power

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
energizer-bunny-page.jpg

Wizard

Reaction score
This is not entirely true. Nothing comes for free. Granted it's a lot less than a SC, but still. I can elaborate more if anyone is interested.

Please do.

Off-topic, but that's quite the stable you have there :laugh:.

Sure thing. :biggrin:

The power output potential of any SC is measured by the amount of airflow the SC creates after factoring out the power required to drive it and the extent to which it heats up the air while creating the flow and pressure. While it might appear that the turbo does not drain power from the engine, since exhaust energy is lost anyway, this is far from correct. Heat and airflow drive the turbine. When air is forced through the turbine section of a turbo, reduced flow areas inherent in the design create back pressure. This causes a small loss in power that would not occur if the turbo had a power source other than the engine into which it is pumping. The power loss increases as the size of the turbo decreases, because the decreased size creates greater back pressure. Conversely, larger turbos create much less back pressure and therefore less power loss. The power loss inherent in a turbocharged engine is substantially less than the loss incurred by driving a supercharger with a belt or by some other means.

blastap

Reaction score
Sure thing. :biggrin:

The power output potential of any SC is measured by the amount of airflow the SC creates after factoring out the power required to drive it and the extent to which it heats up the air while creating the flow and pressure. While it might appear that the turbo does not drain power from the engine, since exhaust energy is lost anyway, this is far from correct. Heat and airflow drive the turbine. When air is forced through the turbine section of a turbo, reduced flow areas inherent in the design create back pressure. This causes a small loss in power that would not occur if the turbo had a power source other than the engine into which it is pumping. The power loss increases as the size of the turbo decreases, because the decreased size creates greater back pressure. Conversely, larger turbos create much less back pressure and therefore less power loss. The power loss inherent in a turbocharged engine is substantially less than the loss incurred by driving a supercharger with a belt or by some other means.
excellent way to put this.

X_RUNNIN

Reaction score
Only on certain coated bores.

I run nitrous oxide on a nikasil bore on motocross setups and notice that the coating wears much more quickly with its use. These motors are broken down and rebuilt every 40 hours so you notice this kind of change.

A blower and turbo do not really stress anything more then the other.

lol NOS on a mx bike? thats awesome:adore: what do you use it that for?

46&2_X

Reaction score
hauling ass :laugh:

l_0e6fe75fcecefae57c8e543114673c4d.jpg

LOL man you like to live dangerously don't you?

I would be so worried about a rock hitting the bottle.... and it wouldn't be pretty lol.

Wait..... is that the energy drink? LOL

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have much to read at work...probably a good thing.....but my friend always brings his Muscle Mustangs and Fast Ford mag.s to work. They had an interesting article in one issue related pretty much to this topic. It was covering a twin turbo super charged Cobra. Sounds pretty sick huh? With that setup, it was making high 600 whp to very low 700whp, at a PSI that I don't remember. They decidec to take the S/C off to see what would happen. Maintaining the same PSI the whp went to right at 800. Now their torque curve did move. Instead of having mid 600 rwtq at 2000 rpm, it moved to somewhere between 3-4k rpm for full TQ. It was 1st quarter last year that I read that but I am sure you could find it on their website. So with that said a S/C on the same vehicle at the same PSI as a turbo will make less power.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
LOL man you like to live dangerously don't you?

I would be so worried about a rock hitting the bottle.... and it wouldn't be pretty lol.

Wait..... is that the energy drink? LOL

lol thats a 1 lb bottle.

I am not to worried about a rock as it is not explosive.

X_RUNNIN

Reaction score
hauling ass :laugh:

l_0e6fe75fcecefae57c8e543114673c4d.jpg

lol nice when u said mx bike i thought u meant a dirt bike but its a quad....i would do that, but on a mx bike it would be straight suicide....u wouldnt be able to keep the front end down:laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
u cant keep the front end down on a MX quad, they are the same engines.

This will do a 5th gear power wheelie.

X_RUNNIN

Reaction score
very true but the front ends are alot heavier than that of a bike...i have problems keeping my front end down already...i dont even want to know how it would be with some nos too haha.

blastap

Reaction score
i watched biker boyz last night, kid rock said ''the only reason why i lost in fresno is because my piston got all jacked up''. i just wanted to share !

Top Bottom