Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TV input needed

which TV

• 60in LCD

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • 55in LED

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
ok so gonna be picking up a new TV here soon and I'm looking at the Samsung 55in LED (UN55C6500) or the Samsung 60in LCD (LN60C630) the price difference in minimal so thats not an object just wondering if LED technology is really worth it over that other 5inches of tv (which is hugely noticeable). I'm dead set on Samsung I know I can get a Vizio or whatever else for $800 cheaper but I know samsungs and to me their more than worth it.

darthyota

Reaction score
have you looked at lg? they make the panels for most other companys and i would go with the led as you will get a better picture then the lcd

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Vizios are built with Sony guts...so don't downplay it...but if money is no object...

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
have you looked at lg? they make the panels for most other companys and i would go with the led as you will get a better picture then the lcd

I got a 65" LG plasma and have to say it is pretty sick. I'm not a really critical person on tvs but with a good blue ray that LG tv is killer and I got a ridiculous price on mine.

TRD-X

Reaction score
ok so gonna be picking up a new TV here soon and I'm looking at the Samsung 55in LED (UN55C6500) or the Samsung 60in LCD (LN60C630) the price difference in minimal so thats not an object just wondering if LED technology is really worth it over that other 5inches of tv (which is hugely noticeable). I'm dead set on Samsung I know I can get a Vizio or whatever else for $800 cheaper but I know samsungs and to me their more than worth it.

Best Buy had a Sony-Samsung-LG side by side and the LG looked the best to me. The only thing I would tell you is this if you get a LED LCD get a "full array" backlight a grid of LEDs illuminates the entire screen area vs low end LED LCDs.
Hey Cuz I have the LED LCD and you can tell a difference in them the LED LCD is way better. Here's the first one I got it's $1,899. now: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_68955LE54/LG-55LE5400.html?tp=35945

and this is the new one that's going to be here in about 5 days and it's 3D. It was $4,998. I got it for $3,100.:biggrin:
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_68955LX95/LG-55LX9500.html?tp=35945

LCD.jpg

I'll send you some info and photos when it gets here!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
guess Im a cheap bastard, I have a Mitsu 65" , picture looks just fine to me? lol. LCD/LED not worth the money to me, sure you can tell the difference when all are lined up in the store, but you only got one at the house.

as for your choices, bigger is better, I find my 65 to not be big enough anymore.

TRD-X

Reaction score
guess Im a cheap bastard, I have a Mitsu 65" , picture looks just fine to me? lol. LCD/LED not worth the money to me, sure you can tell the difference when all are lined up in the store, but you only got one at the house.

as for your choices, bigger is better, I find my 65 to not be big enough anymore.

Why do you say that? If your 65" works for you that's all that matters!:top:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
well went to Best Buy today and they had an open box Samsung UN55C6300 which is the 55in LED one I wanted but without the internet capabilities but its was $500 off retail so pulled the trigger and got it and HOLY COW its fuggin sweet!

TRD-X

Reaction score
So how much did you pay for it Miami?

Ray08BSPx

Reaction score
I'm moving to a bigger place pretty soon and i've been looking at tv's trying to figure out what to get. I'm not worried about having the best picture out there. Just want something that i can watch tv a movies on. And i want it to be big. Any suggestions?

Here's what i've been thinking about getting. I found it online for $3099.
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/product/WD82838

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I'm moving to a bigger place pretty soon and i've been looking at tv's trying to figure out what to get. I'm not worried about having the best picture out there. Just want something that i can watch tv a movies on. And i want it to be big. Any suggestions?

Here's what i've been thinking about getting. I found it online for $3099.
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/product/WD82838

holy shit son! lol

So how much did you pay for it Miami?

I paid $1499, not bad the cheapest online I found it was $1629 w/free shipping and it was $1999 in the store so saved like $500.

TRD-X

Reaction score
That's a good price for what you got.:top: Hope you like it Cuz!

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
That's a good price for what you got.:top: Hope you like it Cuz!

so far i'm loving it! just gotta call the cable company tomorrow and get em to add teh HD channels for us!

07SWB

Reaction score
My dad is the VP of human resources at Mitsubishi.. been there for 24 years now. He was going to get me a mitsu but the price on the toshiba was right.

Congrats on your purchase!

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Ask him for one and send it to me then! I'm still viewing a 35inch TUBE!

lance426

Reaction score
You will never regret buying a led tv....my dad is old school southern and he went from a 27" tube to a 42" led vizio and he loves it.

livinginsa

Reaction score
My gf wanted a new flatscreen so I took her to Best Buy. We spent hours there, and she picked out the best picture possible, 45", anything much bigger and it would be too big for that room.

We get back to the house, and I tell her that the Best Buy people gave us the wrong flat screen because the box says 50". Besides this is a Sony, not the Samsung that we liked. We need to bring it back, now.

She gets online and sees that the price is the same so she tells me that we will keep it no matter what. I am like, we spent hours there, and you are going to let them pick what flat screen you get. She was like, ya.

Strange.

Anyway, once I get into a show, I really don't notice the picture that much. She ended up with a Sony instead of the Samsung. Really, I don't think it makes much of a difference if one doesn't end up with the perfect flat screen cause it really hasn't made a difference to us.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Love my 46 Samsung LED. Can"t wait till I go 3D! There's 480Hz now, wow!
Can't go wrong with an LED, downside on this one (1st generation) is the ghosting/cloud affect that I see that many don't. No light up remote control so at night you struggle to read the buttons unless you memorized their location. I did the simple THX picture calibration and colors are more balance, and blacks are deep.

Anyone has checked out the Sharp 4 color LED?

Last edited:

Edgeman

Reaction score
Your room size should dictate your picture size. I put a 57" projector into my den because it didn't look "that big" at Best Buy, but wow that beast is huge...lol I plan to go down slightly (probably get a 52-55" LED backlit LCD television) next time because I've gotten used to the larg screen. I'll also go "wall mount", and run the cables behind the wall. I'll probably cut two holes in the wall...one behind the mount, and one 6-12" above the floor to run the cables. I just need to find plates to "finish" the holes.

Top Bottom