Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TX - Repeal front license plate law

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Originally taken from TW -> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/texas/39770-repeal-front-plate-law.html

Figure it could use our support here as well. Maybe even get non-texans to help TX fight back!! XRU UNITE! :biggrin:

This could be good news to all who dislike a front license plate hanging off their bumper.

Bill SB 561 of the Texas Legislative Session 81 will amend the current plate law requiring only one plate at the rear of each vehicle. The bill is being sponsored by Mike Jackson, R-Pasadena.

If you would like to see this piece of legislation pass, please do you part and contact your local state Representatives to show your support! You can use the following link to figure out who your Representatives are, and obtain their contact information. http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/

More information pertaining to Bill SB 561 along with live updates of the bills current stage can be found at http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billloo...81R&Bill=SB561

Contact your Representative and show your support! This bill has been dragged to the ground by attached bills two times already, do your part to not let it happen again.

Generation-X

Reaction score
But what exactly does it say in the bill is the question. Ya true 2 plates suck majorly since you have to pay for 2 plates as well but....some states dont specify the placement of the front plate. If you have mesh type grill you can attach it to that for quick removal (whether in front or behind). Its visible and seen so ya...

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Texas law requires it fastened to bumper with exceptions like Corvettes etc... then it can be in the windshield. Ask preXrunner, he's been pulled over and ticketed a few times for it.

DrEaM MaKeR

Reaction score
Jason as much as i would like this to happen so many car forums have done this over and over and it never makes a diff I just think it's a easy way for them to make an easy buck off the people that don't like it.

MusTrd

Reaction score
Wow, definitely hope this passes :top:

But what exactly does it say in the bill is the question. Ya true 2 plates suck majorly since you have to pay for 2 plates as well but....some states dont specify the placement of the front plate. If you have mesh type grill you can attach it to that for quick removal (whether in front or behind). Its visible and seen so ya...

It's not really the plates we pay for here. Texas has a window registration sticker that has your plate number and a barcode on it that supposedly can be scanned although I've only seen them just look at my sticker to make sure it hasn't expired.

6 Brzina

Reaction score
Wow, definitely hope this passes :top:

It's not really the plates we pay for here. Texas has a window registration sticker that has your plate number and a barcode on it that supposedly can be scanned although I've only seen them just look at my sticker to make sure it hasn't expired.

The only time that bar code gets scanned is when you come in for a state inspection. It pulls up your vehicle info so the inspector doesn't have to type it all in.

BTW... I do inspections.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
You need a front tag? Thats gayness I'm sorry...:thumpdown:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
license plates is what we call it here ^ ^

Dukexrs

Reaction score
4761_1244029227.bmp

This is suppose to be texas new license plate soon....:thumpdown:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Never gotten a ticket for not having it. I guess it depends on the officer, Ive been pulled over a few times without the front plate and was just asked if I had it, showed it to them and said I was coming back form a car show and forgot to put it on...they didnt seem to care enough to write me a ticket for it.

Top Bottom