Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon & TRD Supercharger tune

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Who is running the ucon with the Trd charger? What tune are you running and what mods do you have? Pullies,intake,exhaust,ect.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Who is running the ucon with the Trd charger? What tune are you running and what mods do you have? Pullies,intake,exhaust,ect.

I was running them. Up until about two weeks ago. Catastrophic Ring failure. :thumbdown: truck never really ran right after installing the ucon. Speratic coil pack codes, hesitation, eventuality misfire codes along with throttle codes. Truck ran flawlessly for over year on the reflash alone. :dontknow:

See mod list.

Last edited:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
I was running them. Up until about two weeks ago. Catastrophic Ring failure. :thumbdown: truck never really ran right after installing the ucon. Speratic coil pack codes, hesitation, eventuality misfire codes along with throttle codes. Truck ran flawlessly for over year on the reflash alone. :dontknow:

See mod list.

ouch................. I was just contemplating throwing down some cash

Super Werty

Reaction score
I ran it with the TRD blower for almost a year and about 20K miles. Then a few thousand with the URD blower. never had an issue once

Gadget

Reaction score
In all fairness, there were some folks that have had some legitimate issues with the earlier UCON units.

For those that have worked with URD and iTronix we were able to identify the issues and get them squared away or warranty out the units.

Like any new product, it will evolve over time with a ongoing improvements and updates, AKA Kaizen.

IMG_0735_zpscf425563.jpg

We have made a complete hardware revision for the second batch and we have gone through two major software/firmware releases, with the third now being released to beta testers.

It keeps getting better and better and better with software improvements still planned.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
In all fairness, there were some folks that have had some legitimate issues with the earlier UCON units.

For those that have worked with URD and iTronix we were able to identify the issues and get them squared away or warranty out the units.

Like any new product, it will evolve over time with a ongoing improvements and updates, AKA Kaizen.

IMG_0735_zpscf425563.jpg

We have made a complete hardware revision for the second batch and we have gone through two major software/firmware releases, with the third now being released to beta testers.

It keeps getting better and better and better with software improvements still planned.

G

Too little to late. I would have loved to have had it fixed, but the time you wanted me to send mine back/called and check up regarding the newest hardware fixed it, cly 2/4 rings were sitting at the bottom of the oil pan....

The truck fawking hauled ass for the week or so it ran right, I will say that. Oh well, onto bigger and better things.:top:

Redline

Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
Too little to late. I would have loved to have had it fixed, but the time you wanted me to send mine back/called and check up regarding the newest hardware fixed it, cly 2/4 rings were sitting at the bottom of the oil pan....

The truck fawking hauled ass for the week or so it ran right, I will say that. Oh well, onto bigger and better things.:top:

I still contemplating between ucon or AEM ems

need4speed

Reaction score

can you point me to some links to learn more about this?

I am interested in learn'n more about this here product. Can you point me to some info on this site where I can read more or do you have a brochure or somethin like that?

Last edited:

giox

Reaction score
how would you tune the ucon ig you get a supercharger in the future..

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
how would you tune the ucon ig you get a supercharger in the future..

The UCON has advantages N/A and obviously for FI. So if you make changes to your setup contact URD and G will reset your tune. Otherwise a quaintly tuner should be able to figure out the software and go from there..

TLR

Reaction score
I can tell you this, i've had mine in for three days now and my truck has not been running this well in five years. I put my TRD s/c on 5 years ago because i was still under factory warranty and it's smog legal. With TRD flash to ecu I have gone through four cats. Hours on the phone with TRD, dealer and ten minutes with URD to find out TRD's flash is crap. Quarter throttle put me into boost, by the time I reached 45mph the auto trans was in 5th. Now it runs like stock motor until I don't want it to.. Gadget (w/urd) and Scott (w/itronix) have been great. This is the way my s/c should have felt when I picked it up from the dealer.....In the end I do realize that if I run it hard and push a motor that wasn't built for drag racing, I might be replacing the motor sooner that I want... Hope this helps

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I can tell you this, i've had mine in for three days now and my truck has not been running this well in five years. I put my TRD s/c on 5 years ago because i was still under factory warranty and it's smog legal. With TRD flash to ecu I have gone through four cats. Hours on the phone with TRD, dealer and ten minutes with URD to find out TRD's flash is crap. Quarter throttle put me into boost, by the time I reached 45mph the auto trans was in 5th. Now it runs like stock motor until I don't want it to.. Gadget (w/urd) and Scott (w/itronix) have been great. This is the way my s/c should have felt when I picked it up from the dealer.....In the end I do realize that if I run it hard and push a motor that wasn't built for drag racing, I might be replacing the motor sooner that I want... Hope this helps

Gald its working for you. I hope all the bugs are infact worked out.

The week or so it ran flawlessly, it felt like an entirely new vehicle. Throttle response was perfect, loads of new found top end power, raised rev limiter. It was a beautiful thing. :rockon:

Gadget

Reaction score
The UCON has advantages N/A and obviously for FI. So if you make changes to your setup contact URD and G will reset your tune. Otherwise a quaintly tuner should be able to figure out the software and go from there..

If you start off N/A and later move to a supercharger, URD can remote access your UCON and update the calibration file for you so your new system will run correctly.

You absolutely do not need to take it to a local tuner and have them jack around with it and give you a big bill.

G

TLR

Reaction score
Gald its working for you. I hope all the bugs are infact worked out.

The week or so it ran flawlessly, it felt like an entirely new vehicle. Throttle response was perfect, loads of new found top end power, raised rev limiter. It was a beautiful thing. :rockon:

If it does go bang i'll be emailing you on how to do that LS swap.....hehehe....

Top Bottom