Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UED HID's

hrspwr236

Reaction score
so far i have had no problems and i did exactly what blackcat did with his install, the only problem i have is the bulbs need to be adjusted, one shoots off farter and higher

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
so far i have had no problems and i did exactly what blackcat did with his install, the only problem i have is the bulbs need to be adjusted, one shoots off farter and higher

Your headlights fart?? :hahaha:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Your headlights fart?? :hahaha:

..... ahhhhhhh !!!.... that felt GOOOOOD !!

I witnessed the issue of both lights not coming on a on Blackcats XR this weekend. He flipped them on and off and the passenger light did come on. I am seriously thinking of purchasing these but if they are as many issues with them as members have posted then I will have to wait for another option.

I played with them after that, they didn't do that again. Actually, on my Mazda, I installed a cheap Ebay kit about a year ago. It did that once as well a few days after installing. Never did that again.

I put up installation instructions on a separate thread.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=8046

Last edited:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Pics of them installed ? You mean, of the installation or of how they light up the road ? If the former, look at the installation thread. If the latter, I'll (or hrspwr236) will have a few up in a few days.

tigertail

Reaction score
i noticed that my passenger side is not working since 2 days after install. it;s bright enough to see everything with only one side working but i'm gonna go home after work and check my wires...

hopefully mine is not out..

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Here are a few shots of mine with a camera phone
lows
Jan08meet269.jpg

highs
Jan08meet270.jpg

Jan08meet268.jpg

Jan08meet267.jpg

Jan08meet266.jpg

Jan08meet265.jpg

Those are the comparison between the hids and the stock fogs

BlackCat

Reaction score
Okay, got some pics... A few of us Tucson folk got together tonight to compare lighting. Both HrsPwr236 and myself got some HID's, he got 6000K's and I got 4300K's. ICEMAN and Werty came along to watch and compare since both of them are in the market for HID's. We also compared fog lights while we were at it.

Man, taking pictures of headlights is a PAIN !!! The color saturation and penetration just doesn't look right in photos. Though you'll get some idea from the pics below, you really have to see this stuff in person to really appreciate it !

Below is a shot of HrsPwr's stock foglights (left), my stock foglights with GT Yellow film covers (middle) and ICEMAN with Nokya Yellow bulbs (right). The pic doesn't do much justice, but ICEMAN's Nokya's took the show in brightness and penetration. Mine were a rather faint yellow, HrsPwr's was a simple bright halogen white.

DSC_2124M.jpg

Next, we flipped on the main beams (lows). HrsPwr with his 6000K HID's (left), my 4300K HID's (middle), ICEMAN with stock H4 halogens (right). Again, the pic does little justice, but ICEMAN's previous victory in the foglight realm was lost on his stock main bulbs. Both HrsPwr and mine cut through the night.

DSC_2133M.jpg

Then to compare just the HID's against each other, we put HrsPwr and my rides side by side and compared. HrsPwr's 6000K's definitely had a blue-ish tinge to them. His BHLM's kinda took some of the glare from his beams, though the bright HID's had plenty of candlepower to spare. I still have stock chromed headlight reflectors so I have a bit more light side throw (and glare)...

DSC_2153M.jpg

DSC_2155M.jpg

Afterwards, on the way home, I stopped off at a neighborhood under construction and caught these two shots, one with the low beams (top pic) and high beams (bottom pic).

DSC_2187M.jpg

DSC_2188M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotjustin27

Reaction score

these are my 6000k with nokya hyper yellow with lamin-x yellow film :] happy with it.

other than the fact that the passenger side fog is pointing upwards cause of the dent the lady made when she backed up into my fog light :[

Top Bottom