Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ultra short truck build?

Reaction score
To start I'm new to XR but have been screwing around with Tacomas quite a bit in the past 6 months. I bought an XR as a rebuilder. It needs from frame rails in the back, which leads me to my next paragraph.

I also have a beater Prerunner that has multiple dented panels ('06), and has the short bed. I'm not opposed to using this bed on a one off XR build. I'd just build a flatbed for it. Here's the idea.

Drop drive train in a regular cab, then shorten frame for short bed. Honestly I'm not a fan of the XR body kit. I'm guessing I could unload that pretty easy on here. This will lighten the truck up a bit (the reg cab and short bed), and create a short wheelbase for handling. Luckily I live in a no smog area.

Here's a kicker. Use Prerunner flared fenders and run really wide tires.....

Any good photoshop people here?

gunner76137

Reaction score
Steve is the best photoshop guy i've seen
Welcome to the UnderGround

Gadget

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!!

There was a guy that put an XR body kit on a reg cab V6. The pictures are on here somewhere.

G

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!!

There was a guy that put an XR body kit on a reg cab V6. The pictures are on here somewhere.

G

I thought that it was the 4 cylinder, and I'll add it looked great, I think most of us here would prefer the body kiy but there has been a few reg cab tacos that have been done that looked great.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
06 ShortPreReg ???

ShortPreReg.jpg

Mr.X

Reaction score
This idea along with the visual from Steve's photoshop sounds / looks pretty cool it's kind of like my avatar hope you do this soon

GR6RR

Reaction score
looks interesting! kinda like a cartoon truck. I kinda like it, maybe with the XR kit might look better. IMO

stock-illustration-9230052-cartoon-classic-truck.jpg

ferrari%20california%20cartoon%20car.jpg

cartoon%2Bcars%2Bimages-2.jpg

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Not really dig it. And for track the longer wheel base would be better?

FN5.7

Reaction score
flat bed fj40 lifted on mudders call it done!! oh wait thats what i want to build. sorry.

i dont really dig it. it reminds me of my dads bone stock base model dodge dakota.

of course if you did a supercharge 3ur motor in it with a t56 that might make it look a hell of alot better. lol

Reaction score
Hadn't been back on here in a while. Thanks BSP06XRU for the photo shop. I actually like it. Very tempting to build.

justin13703

Reaction score
I guess I'm different than the majority, I'm not a huge fan of regular cab shortbeds. I think they look like little hot wheels cars or something lol. Plus essentially no space in the cab, or in the bed. But you gotta do what makes you happy, if you're into it, go for it

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
It looks like a micro machines hahahah, but it would be cool to see and you could make it fast as hell in the qtr mile

Top Bottom