Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ultraguage ordered, where to mount?

Workman3886

Reaction score
I finally got around to ordering something I have wanted for sometime now, but where do you mount the thing?

I know it comes with a windshield mount but I'm not really digging the whole windshield idea... so where do you guys mount your ultraguage?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I used the windshield mount and mounted in the upper left corner... It's perfect for me.

Workman3886

Reaction score
How long is the windshield attachment, looked like It was pretty long... I guess I have to look at it when I get it...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the right side of my rear view mirror with a muffler strap and double sided tape.

Murderface

Reaction score
Right here, chord is plenty long enough(top rt corner)
cbc38884.jpg

Used to have it on the rear view, again chord plenty long
8faae1cf.jpg

Workman3886

Reaction score
I like these ideas lol, seems like I may be able to figure something out here!

o5oldblue

Reaction score
In my older vehicle I had ordered an XM Receiver and it came with a vent mount. When I ordered the ultragauge I was won dering where I can mount it and the back of the Ultragauge it had the same type of mounting set up as the XM receiver so I ordered more vent mounts and it works great. http://www.myradiostore.com/p/skyfi3-vent-mount.html

Workman3886

Reaction score
Well I got my ultraguage in today, smaller then I thought it was. I remember seeing a post about someone who put one in a rear view mirror, I thought damn that would look awesome!

Before I even attempted it I looked at the prices for replacement mirrors just to make sure it was even worth the risk.

Needless to say 1 hour later, epic fail. Everything from hitting the glass with my dremel tool to screwing up the main support, I did it all.

I went on just to see what it would look like and its pretty cool, but just a little too much steady work is required and I'm not a very steady guy.

So conclusion is... I'm ordering a new rear view mirror...

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Well I got my ultraguage in today, smaller then I thought it was. I remember seeing a post about someone who put one in a rear view mirror, I thought damn that would look awesome!

Before I even attempted it I looked at the prices for replacement mirrors just to make sure it was even worth the risk.

Needless to say 1 hour later, epic fail. Everything from hitting the glass with my dremel tool to screwing up the main support, I did it all.

I went on just to see what it would look like and its pretty cool, but just a little too much steady work is required and I'm not a very steady guy.

So conclusion is... I'm ordering a new rear view mirror...
Ouch. Sorry to hear man

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I finally got around to ordering something I have wanted for sometime now, but where do you mount the thing?

I know it comes with a windshield mount but I'm not really digging the whole windshield idea... so where do you guys mount your ultraguage?

Here you go.

Attachments

• IMAG1143.jpg
    IMAG1143.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG1144.jpg
    IMAG1144.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 85

Murderface

Reaction score

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Interesting. Never heard of anything like that but now i know. Either way ive got lifetime warranty on mine so SWEET!!!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Good idea! I'm going to have to do this with mine after I tint the whole windshield because my boy said not to use any suction type mount on the tint because over time it will ruin it

Bingo!!^^^ I had my radar detector suction cups on my tint strip on my last truck and when I took it off or it fell for some reason I had two unfaded circles. I'll go take some pics of mine and add them here

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Dude how:d u get your red....share the wealth i want mine red.....

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
It's been red since about two weeks after I got it lol. My buddy changed the white LEDs to red. I was going to do it until I opened it up and saw how tiny they were. He is awesome with computers and small electronics so I asked him. I believe he said he has enough red LEDs left to do another.

BradyT88

Reaction score
I placed mine right above the steering column so I still have easy access to the buttons. I haven't got around to mounting it very well but I haven't hard a problem with it going anywhere even while doing some hard offroading.

20120620211835730.jpg

JFrame

Reaction score
I want to see pics of the botched one in the mirror. Haven't heard of that. Ultraguage vs Scanguage does one just read more stuff?

Top Bottom