Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

unbelievable exhaust deal found

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
OK, so I kinda feel like a douche for even CONSIDERING this, but if this is for real, and if it's really what the ad says it is, it seems good. Too good in fact. I got $500 to spend on my next (and one of my first) mods, so naturally I started looking for exhaust when I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2010-TACOMA-ACCESS-CAB-4-0L-V6-CATBACK-EXHAUST-NEW-/170537960267?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Submodel%3AX-Runner&hash=item27b4dac34b Let me know what you guys think. Being all stainless steel and a direct bolt on with 3'" tubing, it might be worth a shot. for the price it can't hurt, but I hate cheapin out though too. Then again, with the money I save, I can get a MAF cal too. It just sounds too good to be true. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
It looks ok to me. If you decide to get it good luck.

rich017

Reaction score
I'm just curious what it will sound like and if it will bolt up how it should.

PiNkY

Reaction score
worst case scenario you can always buy a new can - the piping looks good

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinkin man. If it sounds like ass, all I really gotta do is switch out the can for a flowmaster or a magnaflow. I was pondering building a custom exhaust anyway, but didn't know where I could get the piping only, that would bolt right up, as this apparently does. And this is stainless and 3 inch diameter. What is exhaust anyway? just some piping and a can. It's slapping a brand name on it that makes it expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Werty

Reaction score
I almost immediately stop reading your threads when I see the all bold and the blue text. You will get alot more help if you just dont do that:laugh:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Thread moved to: XR-Underground » The Green Room » For Sale » Found on Ebay

I almost immediately stop reading your threads when I see the all bold and the blue text. You will get alot more help if you just dont do that:laugh:
Exactly ^^^^

Dark blue font over a black background = extremely hard to read.

OP - I've already edited most of your posts to the default color for this reason. If you're going to use a different color, please use one that goes well over a dark layout:top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
It doesn't say it is made for the X-Runner. Be careful. The backpipe (from can-to-tip) may not fit.
The X-Runner has swaybar end links and exhaust cutout. The other access cabs do not.
If you buy it, you may have to have an exhaust shop bend you a new backpipe piece. :top:

Edit: Nevermind... I guess the ebay ad says it fits the X-Runner.
Just make sure that they know about the X-Runner.
Banks Engineering originally said that their system fit the X-Runner... until I got one.
They never had an X-Runner in their shop before!
Be warned!

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal, cant wait to hear sound clips when you get it installed

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
I hadn't realized the bold and blue was such a big deal. I'm clearly not an XRU jedi as some of you are. I appreciate you guys trying to help but you moved my thread to one I couldn't post on because I didn't have 30 posts. I had to post like 10 times just to be able to reply to my own thread. Anyhow, the exhaust is on it's way, though I'm probably only going to use the tubing. @ $150 bucks it's worth a shot to get me buy for now.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Feel the force young Jedi.....:laugh: as for the blue and ^ red text you need to remember "old farts" like me can't see good Cuz.:ahhhhh:

Now as for the exhaust save your money up and get a nice one.:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
I've seen this on EBay before and just assumed it was JUNK. I mean $154 for stainless? What grade of stainless is it? It doesn't say.

Let us know how this works out when u get it:top:

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
too good to be true = POS!!!!!

spend the money buy the real deal @ URD

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Give us some feedback when you get it. Don't hold your breath on it fitting correctly. If it does, even better, if it does'nt then at least you are prepared :top:

RUNXRUN

Reaction score
lol i got this one i love it but i got it for $120 i went to there shop they r here in LA

also when i was there at the shop i was there picking up a part fro a g35 and i took my truck and the guy told me that they har a exhaust that they just got for a tacoma v6 so he told me that i should try it out so that why i got it for 120 not 150 what here asked for so i went home and trow it on and im happy with it but i have the guys info if you can them you can get it for 120 + shipping i was thinking of buy 2 or 3 and selling them to make some cash but i dont have any time with two kids.
info is
Advan emotion
1626 422 0471

Last edited:
Top Bottom