Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD 70mm Throttle Body

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
t1be4c8_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96.jpg

Bulldogger

Reaction score
http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?...ebsite/Common/pdfs/LowBoostCausesAndCures.pdf

Look under "Throttle Body"

And don't dismiss so quickly thr data I have compiled of people's dynos. N/A and F/I.

If you didn't understand that was a rhetorical question, that is pretty sad. :top:

Your compilation of dynos are different dynos different days different trucks....
We did testing on same cars, same dyno same day, same operator. If the throttle body is a source of restriction then you can make improvements, but at what boost level is it becoming a flow restriction and is that restriction greater then the manifold and valves? How much bigger then stock is it?? Isn't the stock one 65mm plenty of Mustang blower cars run over 500rwhp with the use of a 65mm TB.

Anyway if someone wants it they will buy it. It is not going to hurt anything, and will probably be beneifical to N/A guys

by the way how do you know it was a rhetorical question ???? are you Gadget??:eviltongue:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to have figured that out yourself. Obvious is obvious.

X-roller

Reaction score
Naturally aspirated may gain off of this if its tuned for it and trd s/c will gain from it. Its just simple physics. The reason why a urd s/c and a turbo setup won't see much gain if at all is because this has zero effect on our intake of air. A throttle body is enlarged to create a bigger intake opening and that's it. When air is forced thru the throttle body the biggest restriction is the throttle plate.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
This thread is a disaster zone...

A larger throttle body will be of benefit IF the throttle body is actually the source of the restriction. In bulldoggers case, the throttle body on his stang WAS NOT the source of the restriction. Hence his lack of gains.

On our trucks, I honestly cant say. The restriction on TRD equipped trucks would more then likely be the entire intake track design its self. URD and Turbo trucks might see a small gain. Prob get a noticeable difference in spool times on a turbo truck. Last i checked, a new TB for our trucks is close to $1000... Junkyards, of course cheaper, but finding one will be tricky. Then can you justify the gains vs cost???

For f*cks sake.... Werty, Just wait till dark and it cools down, and get a few good ol' fashion videos showing your trucks new found performance. No funny camera editing, dramatic music. Just centi blower, BOV and exhaust. Before you know it, will be summer and we are going to a get a string of DS style excuses on why we can see its power.

That will shut em up.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. If there is a restriction, then removing it will increase efficiency. And that is all dependant upon the vehicle. As they are all different.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
A pinched straw is hard to blow or suck through. Unpinch and problems solved

No arguing with you there! :top:

This implying that our TB is the source of the bottle neck. Not our plenum design or intake mani.:top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
With at least a handful of members making over double the stock horsepower at the wheel, stock being around 200-210 WHP. It's pretty safe to say beyond reasonable doubt that our stock throttle body can be a restriction. Even for those in the healthy 300+ WHP range would have a noticeable gain. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say about 3% increase for those with boost and supporting mods.
Not one thing on this truck is ever design with maximum performance in mind. It's usually cost effective, emission, NVH and so on. Power gain through increase flow & efficiency is inevitable. For what its worth, the cross section has increase a little over 13%.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No arguing with you there! :top:

This implying that our TB is the source of the bottle neck. Not our plenum design or intake mani.:top:

What if they all are?!?! O_O................

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
or maybe a completely new intake manifold but we wont get into that lol

Super Werty

Reaction score
Well now that Im back in town, I put about 300 miles on it. Interestinly it makes a high pitch whistle at highway speeds and is a controllable sound when you dip in and out of the throttle...sounds like a turbo spooling almost...i like it

and yes it does seem to have picked up some power on my highly accurate butt dyno :top:

and also i bought the TB on ebay for $300 shipped

trdtoy

Reaction score
A pinched straw is hard to blow or suck through. Unpinch and problems solved

With larger tb it will flow more air in general and will flow same amount of air with less work needed from driving forces belt or exhaust gasses to force air through or draw air through. Also any transitions in airflow or rough areas in air tract will cause less flow/more restrictions and heat up air due to friction. Either way it is a plus and should pick up some power. How much on this application? Only time will tell...

Super Werty

Reaction score
now that Im back home...got some cooler weather tonight so I went for a drive in mexico

truck defintely picked up some power! Very happy camper right now:top:

I would recommend this mod!

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
How is the drive-ablity of this throttle body compared to stock one? The idle, cruising, cruising afr's, response, etc.

Top Bottom