Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Fuel Rail Tap fit on TRD Blower?

sntckr

Reaction score
Trying to install the URD 7th injector for my TRD blower. I swear there is not enough clearance between the URD fuel rail tap and the supercharger housing. The fuel rail tap has more material around its bolt holes than the fuel rail. Therefore, there does not appear to be sufficient space for it to fit into the notch in the supercharger housing and to align the bolts straight through it into the fuel rail bolt holes.

What did you guys with the URD 7th on a TRD blower do to make this work? Am I not figuring this out right? Did you shave down the fuel rail tap?

Attachments

• 20140503_095348.jpg
    20140503_095348.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 176

Gadget

Reaction score
I have gotten one other complaint about the same thing. The next batch will have the width reduced a bit to prevent this problem. It fits most of them just fine, but it seems there are a couple out there that have had this problem.

You can simply file down that side of the tap so you get the needed fitment.

G

sntckr

Reaction score
Thanks Gadget. I tried to call you--I know it's Saturday!!!. Will proceed with shaving it down some.

sntckr

Reaction score
Precision machined it with my belt sander and 40 grit and everything fit perfectly. Good move on going to a reduced thickness on the lobe for future production lots.

Gadget

Reaction score
About how much did you take off?

The new drawing for the next run will remove 2.5mm from each side. Will that be enough?

The odd thing is that it fits most trucks with the TRD just fine as well as the TRD supercharger we have here in the shop.

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
best way is to loosen the 3 bolts holding the rail on passenger side, then install the 7th tap.....then re-tighten the 3 rail bolts

sntckr

Reaction score
Sorry, man. I had fallen behind schedule by the time I started posting things here. I rushed through things once I knew what needed to be done. I really did use a belt sander with 40 grit paper to get this done, so no measurements were made. Just sand, test fit, repeat until it worked. My s/c doesn't have hardly any clearance over the fuel rail. So, the fuel rail margins may be a good measurement to go by????

best way is to loosen the 3 bolts holding the rail on passenger side, then install the 7th tap.....then re-tighten the 3 rail bolts

Thanks for the input. Not sure that would have changed anything here...the more I think about it. There was no clearance for the lobe of the URD fuel tap; it was wider than the fuel rail. No clearance was no clearance; not an angle/positioning thing.

Last edited:

lamia2super

Reaction score
damn i just bought a urd fuel tap and i don't even have clearance to remove the 3 bolts for the fuel rail. shits real tight with the blower in their

Super Werty

Reaction score
its best to install the 7th with the blower off the truck. When you place the blower back on it will nudge the 7th over a bit. unless these new ones really are slightly larger.

lamia2super

Reaction score
its best to install the 7th with the blower off the truck. When you place the blower back on it will nudge the 7th over a bit. unless these new ones really are slightly larger.

thats pretty tight. really don't want to do it

Super Werty

Reaction score
It will work. if its super tight take a file to the side of the 7th and make it work. just dont go overboard with the file

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this issue. I took a grinder to it but it is clogging the disc. Time to file it down and hope I don't lose more hardware but that's for another day.

Last edited:

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this issue. I took a grinder to it bit it is clogging the disc. Time to file it down and hope I don't lose more hardware but that's for another day.

Same here, used an angle grinder and it took a whlie as that aluminum isn't as easy as I thought it was. I think i shaved of atleast 1/8 of an inch to make it fit. Don't be afraid to grind away:top:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
I haven't worked on it since last Sunday. I'll try again this weekend. I still have some grinding down to do and I'll probably paint it up.

that sucks man.............Im sure u will get it soon enough, sounds like my exhaust fiasco lol

Top Bottom