Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD has TRD Supercharger Kits!!!

Gadget

Reaction score
If you want one go to the URD site and order one up before they are all gone!!

G

giox

Reaction score
Yeah gadget but since i already have the ucon set the price you said with 1000$ off doesnt show?

Gadget

Reaction score
If you purchased the UCON from URD we reduce the price of the URD Supercharger kit by $1000 when you place your order. Have to call in to do that.

If you are looking for a TRD system, the price is the price and will be going up shortly....

Like with everything else, all the profits from the sales gets rolled into operating costs and R&D for the next cool thing like new UCON connectors....

G

giox

Reaction score
Yeah i bought the the ucon from u like around april last year... I can just call in to make it easier

giox

Reaction score
Wuick question if i wait till thanksgiving will there be a speacial?

Gadget

Reaction score
At this time there is nothing planed.

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
If you purchased the UCON from URD we reduce the price of the URD Supercharger kit by $1000 when you place your order. Have to call in to do that.

If you are looking for a TRD system, the price is the price and will be going up shortly....

Like with everything else, all the profits from the sales gets rolled into operating costs and R&D for the next cool thing like new UCON connectors....

G

Still...:hmmmm2:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I'm a busy guy & I need my truck for daily. I can drop it off at the dealership with the TRD s/c on it, that they put on, & come back later. If you have a problem with the MK3 kit I don't know if they will help you. Still it's good that we still have that option.

Good point and very understandable.

iniazy

Reaction score
I'm sure they did and I'm sure ppl will buy them fast but for me personally would rather shell out for a better kit like the urd system. Everyone knows the trd has its limits and urd is the proven power maker. Plus the trd system you still need a reflash or a ecu. Either way boost is boost I'm just more of a urd supporter than a trd guy lol.

After experiencing the Rotrex on a multitude of vehicles, I believe a positive displacement supercharger is better for daily and off-road use than a centrifugal (Rotrex); yes the Rotrex can make more boost, but in the TRD one it just comes in so much earlier in the RPM range. My opinion, centrifugal superchargers only excel with race applications when the RPM is always high.

Gadget

Reaction score
After experiencing the Rotrex on a multitude of vehicles, I believe a positive displacement supercharger is better for daily and off-road use than a centrifugal (Rotrex); yes the Rotrex can make more boost, but in the TRD one it just comes in so much earlier in the RPM range. My opinion, centrifugal superchargers only excel with race applications when the RPM is always high.

The URD 1GR Tacoma system matches the TRD for power and torque in the 2300-2500 RPM and then runs away.

Generally the URD Rotrex based system makes twice the power per PSI over the TRD system.

iniazy

Reaction score
The URD 1GR Tacoma system matches the TRD for power and torque in the 2300-2500 RPM and then runs away.

Generally the URD Rotrex based system makes twice the power per PSI over the TRD system.

Interesting. Is this for the Mark III Stage 1, 2 or 3? And are you comparing with a TRD with all URD upgrades, or just out of the box?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I'm sure he's talking about stock mark3 stage 1 vs stock trd. Even when you add stage 2-3 it doesn't really change the efficiency of the system. Same goes for the trd. Only modifications to the supercharger and in the urd case the piping or intercooler does it really change the efficiency of the system. Adding things like a different tune or more boost doesn't change that. He's saying that pound for pound the urd makes more power than the trd. Dyno results have proven it in the builds as well. It's not common to see a trd in the 400+whp range like the urd. Either way boost is boost and when bought from urd you can't go wrong.

iniazy

Reaction score
I still can't get my head wrapped around the pound to pound difference, although it is evident. If you have the same engine and pumping in the same amount of air at the same RPM, why would there be a difference in power and torque? I believe it, I just can't understand it.

shane881510

Reaction score
Psi to psi doesn't even matter than much. Trd at 8psi compared to urd at 8psi, the urd puts more cfm of air down the intake than than the trd. Still both are at 8psi the urd still makes more power cause more air flow not psi.

Top Bottom