Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD S/S = broken stock shifter???

melon16

Reaction score
SO I've had the URD ss kit on my truck for roughly 35,000km now and it almost left me stranded sunday night in the boonies.....

stopped at a stop sign and shifted first.....second.....third........fourth BAM--> my hand wacks the center console while still on the shifter. the ball on the stock shifter sheared clean off!

luckily i was in fourth gear so i was able to get her going still (my poor clutch haha) and still do a good highway speed so i got it to the nearest toyota dealership so i could order parts.

In my opinion the extension should sleeve farther up the stock shifter rod for more strength.

pics next week sometime---i'm about 4 hours north of my stranded taco until friday at least :thumpdown:

This is just a headsup to everyone--LOVE URD and everything they're doing for taco enthusiasts!
:canada:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
my buddy had this issue not to long ago, but it was actually his shifter that went bad. replaced it under warranty. mine is loose, need to tighten mine up. sorry to hear about ur luck. hope u get her fixed soon. keep us posted.

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
why does the URD SS keep coming loose...im having that problem too..i mean i used loc tight...ALOT OF IT...how did u fix urs??

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
My issue was actually due to hard shifting. The bushing inside the shifter arm it self went bad and I could dam near put it all the way into fifth gear with it still being in second. Sloppy azz shifter. Never had a problem with it coming loose though.

Gadget

Reaction score
why does the URD SS keep coming loose...im having that problem too..i mean i used loc tight...ALOT OF IT...how did u fix urs??

Give me a call and I will see if we can help you get this problem sorted out.

Gadget

DoubleD

Reaction score
Thats funny because i could not get mine out. I had to drill out the set screws and it put a groove in my stock shifter. Lil worried about bringing it into the dealer now

Top Bottom