Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD short shifter

aao

Reaction score
I bought a URD short shifter haven't install it yet. Any negative effects I should be aware of?

outlaw7

Reaction score
Just takes a little more gusto to get into reverse. No biggie though, best bang for your buck mod i feel.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I just installed mine about a month ago I haven't found anything negative It's a great mod

tondeezy99

Reaction score
Nothing so far. Installed mine a few weeks back and love it! I can finally put a bottle in the first cup-holder spot and not crush it shifting into second:biggrin: oh...and I noticed my tranny no longer grinds in third!

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Nothing so far. Installed mine a few weeks back and love it! I can finally put a bottle in the first cup-holder spot and not crush it shifting into second:biggrin: oh...and I noticed my tranny no longer grinds in third!

Mine does when its cold out and the truck is not all the way warmed up :hmmmm2:

I bought a URD short shifter haven't install it yet. Any negative effects I should be aware of?

the only negative effect is you will not want to go back to the stock shifter :rockon:

Last edited:

FireB

Reaction score
I think the truck should have come with this short shifter.
Like everyone says, you have to slap it into reverse but other than that, this is some good stuff.

poki

Reaction score
After a couple of years, mine got real mushy and felt like the shifter was melting and getting rubbery. Switched to a B&M and it has been working well with solid shifts. I don't think B&M offers them for the Tacoma anymore. I think there is a fix for the rubbery URD. Anyone remember what that fix was?

justin13703

Reaction score
After a couple of years, mine got real mushy and felt like the shifter was melting and getting rubbery. Switched to a B&M and it has been working well with solid shifts. I don't think B&M offers them for the Tacoma anymore. I think there is a fix for the rubbery URD. Anyone remember what that fix was?

The URD short shifter isn't what got rubbery, it was the bushing inside the shifter arm. The reason the rubberiness went away with the b&m is because it uses a different arm. There is nothing wrong with the URD short shifter that causes the "mushiness". It's a problem with the factory shift arm.

Top Bottom