Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD TCAI causing engine to stall?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I ran for several years with billet grill and the MKI kit. Which also has the intake up front. Never had a cover and never had any stalling issues. Then again I don't know if I ever shifted to neutral or put in the clutch at highway speeds? Or maybe the supercharger made a difference?

PAXR

Reaction score
This is odd. I've never had an issue 115mph at least once a week with my tcai and stock grill.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
This is odd. I've never had an issue 115mph at least once a week with my tcai and stock grill.

I meant to post earlier but forgot, some members have had issues on the highway while others haven't.

The most common issue/example of the buffeting is going say down a hill and you decide to clutch in to coast down the hill.... This is where the problems arise

MonteSS8707

Reaction score
I've noticed this problem with mine sometimes. If I'm going 80ish or so and I push the clutch in and put it in neutral and coast down on an on ramp sometimes it will die or almost die. The idle will drop really low and sometimes pick back up. If my x dies, it always fires right back up. I noticed this after I installed the urd tcai. Seems like it is more prone to happen when its cold outside. Never knew why. Its always random. Makes some sense now. I have my stock grill in as well. I'm definitely gna get a shield when I change out my grill.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
When I first got my tcai I made a couple quick runs and tried pulling in the clutch once and it died, so I also got the shield and sock because I have the billet grill. Now I honestly don't know if it will still stall because I always gear brake. This being said I've never had any stalling problems from 80 mph and below, so if your making a decision whether or not to buy it based on what people say. I would definitely buy it again because it is an awesome intake in all aspects.

Ps. I made all my runs on a dead road. Be safe if your going to go out and test these scenarios to find out what happens. I hate to say this, but im glad I don't live where some of you folks live with all the high speed driving you do

easts1d3

Reaction score
well i was out on the 401 and even at 120km/h i put it in neutral and i noticed the engine go way down to 500 RPM. Not a huge issue for me considering im always in gear while braking
But still thanks for the advice guys :top:

triumphx

Reaction score
I wasnt aware of ths issue but was worried about hydro-lock, all i did was use a 45 degree piece of intercooler piping to route it down behind the bumper/license plate. I havent had any isssues at 120 mph...on the track

easts1d3

Reaction score
I wasnt aware of ths issue but was worried about hydro-lock, all i did was use a 45 degree piece of intercooler piping to route it down behind the bumper/license plate. I havent had any isssues at 120 mph...on the track

I was thinking about that as well, routing the filter down behind the bumper.
How many times do you actually coast at those speeds though?
and as for hydrolock, you dont have the Injen prefilter?

oh and i like how you had to mention " on the track " lol

triumphx

Reaction score
When im slowing "for a corner" i let off the gas and will coast in nuetral for a minute until i can put it back in gear w/o being at high rpms. No i dont have a prefilter, i did make a shield similar to the injen shield but out of sheet metal just in case it rains really hard

easts1d3

Reaction score
do you mind putting some pics up showing your set up?
i wana see how you fabricated that stuff up

Top Bottom