Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Trac Bar 60' Times

zrgray

Reaction score
I've heard alot of good things about the URD traction bar, but haven't seen any before and after 60' times. How much of a difference did the guys running it get? Just curious how worth while the thing is.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I've heard alot of good things about the URD traction bar, but haven't seen any before and after 60' times. How much of a difference did the guys running it get? Just curious how worth while the thing is.

I was only able to get like 2.2s + with tons of wheel hop before the track bar. with the track bar alone I was able to get like 2.0x then add some MT ET streets I am under 2.0 I have done 1.9xx, and I think I can do better when I tweak it in a little more. :crinklehair:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
There has got to be more in the capabilities of the urd bar then 1.9, I got that without the bar. I have a friend here cutting 1.6/1.7 60s with a 3" block, urd trac bar and slick on a srunner. Coming out of the hole at 5k and on the bottle. We have a lot of catching up to do.

zrgray

Reaction score
Nice, and I take those times are with the URD stage II blower right?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
it def makes a difference, but I only went to the track after installing it. Sorry. PM butters. I know he has done before and after with his bar.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
There has got to be more in the capabilities of the urd bar then 1.9, I got that without the bar. I have a friend here cutting 1.6/1.7 60s with a 3" block, urd trac bar and slick on a srunner. Coming out of the hole at 5k and on the bottle. We have a lot of catching up to do.

There is more, but that was the best I got last year before I broke the clutch and was out the rest of the season. Only got a couple runs on the MT's and they were holding just fine on a 3500 launch.

Yes MKII and I think I was stage 2 at the time. Might have been stage 3. Can't remember.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score

Are u asking if the SRunner had a URD stage II blower or Black Xrunner?

The SRunner boost options are TRD blower or custom turbo I believe:hmmmm2:

or did gadget have a setup for that motor?

zrgray

Reaction score
Are u asking if the SRunner had a URD stage II blower or Black Xrunner?

The SRunner boost options are TRD blower or custom turbo I believe:hmmmm2:

or did gadget have a setup for that motor?
My question was directed at blackx about the Xrunner, jax poked in right as I was asking. With new ghetto backwards spring helper that is being talked about... This may no longer be necessary :laugh:

Murderface

Reaction score
If it's true this could save me some money till I have the coin to buy a URD one
with the Ghetto backwards helper thingy!

Last edited:

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
I will get some times. I ran a 1.9XX with the ghetto ones on street tires. I am installing the URD bar tomorrow, then I think I can get track time in about 1+ wks. Then we can get a little comparison, I am a pretty consistent driver, usually with in 100th of a sec. So we will see......."rough estimate"

Super Werty

Reaction score
I will get some times. I ran a 1.9XX with the ghetto ones on street tires. I am installing the URD bar tomorrow, then I think I can get track time in about 1+ wks. Then we can get a little comparison, I am a pretty consistent driver, usually with in 100th of a sec. So we will see......."rough estimate"

My guess is the 1.9 was most in part due to the wider tires and driver.

Getting a traction bar doesnt necessarily make one suddenly get better at driving.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I will test that.. I have new rubber thats lighter and wider!!!! Lets see if I can get into 1.9.. man Id love to break 12's!!!! ot 108ish mph

Top Bottom