Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Trac bar fitment

Mr.X

Reaction score
So I ordered my URD Trac Bar on the group buy and although it took a whole 4-5 weeks to get to me in SoCal that was not even the tip of the ice burg. I had it installed yesterday and I was NOT happy after spending $480 the P.O.S didn't fit right(I know there is a lot of ppl that swear buy URD)<and thats cool every time i had a question Gadget was quick to answer. But the way i see it its like going to a nice restaurant with nice ppl but the food sucks! :dontknow:

It might be that i got a faulty one but either way I really had my hopes up on the quality of URD's products. Two holes had to be drilled out just a tad bcs it was not lining up with the studs one the diff case.

I guess I just had to vent a lil I don't know if this happen to other ppl besides me I'm just a bit ticked off :motz:

in summery I don't have wheel hop as much but i think i have to tweek it a lil :hmmmm2: if someone knows of a good setting for it let me know

-Steven

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
When a company doesn't make the products they sell you cant really blame them for the fitment issues of that product.

That being said the old saying gos... Unless its a factory (OEM) part, don't expect it to fit exactly like a factory OEM part. At least with out paying an exorbitant amount for the aftermarket item.

Having to ream out a hole a little bit on an aftermarket part IMO isn't a massive deal unless it was so far off that it took hours of time to make it fit.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I see it says you are on DJM? I dont know how low but the bar does have to be modified on 4" drop i can tell you that for sure.

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh if you're DJM'd the axel is pushing the 3rd member into the carrier bearing if i remember correctly, so yeh, it would most definately be a tougher fit.

Mr.X

Reaction score
I see it says you are on DJM? I dont know how low but the bar does have to be modified on 4" drop i can tell you that for sure.

i am DJM but what does that have to do with anything

Slay0r

Reaction score
what it means the distance b/w where you're bolting the trac bar and your pumpkin is now shorter than stock height or SS dropped

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Has alot to do with things. Your axle is pshed forward making the fit tighter then a stock truck. What blocks 3 or 4?

Mr.X

Reaction score
0618011420.jpg

0618011420b.jpg

custom i have the SS mono leafs and a 2.75in block =4in drop

blastap

Reaction score
I had quite a bit of modifications to do before my bar fit right. Stack aftermarket on top of aftermarket and things get weird.

Murderface

Reaction score
I'm not gonna bother saying what's already been said so...as far as the adjustment goes everyone's truck will be different. U need to adjust the stud so that the end of the bar at the carrier bearing is wanting to move up vertically towards the sky. U also have to have weight on the axle when adjusting it so ur gonna need to set the axle on jack stands to simulate it being on the ground. I just finally adjusted mine after being on my truck for a year and a half:crinklehair: Sometimes I would have some wheel hop and sometimes I wouldn't. Now I have none and I'm not spinning the tires as much in 2nd gear as I was before the adjustment.

Good luck and enjoy ur Budbuilt/URD Trac Bar:top:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
you have a custom setup going on and you wonder why a part doesnt quite fit? :rolleyez:

burnboy

Reaction score
Holler at streetacos and hell make you a block with off set pin to move the axle back a bit

Gadget

Reaction score
When you cool your jets a bit, drop me a line and let me know about the fitment problem you had so we can look into it.

Thanks!

G

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Cutting about a half inch off the front of the bar would have prob solved the issue.... axles is forward ob that 4 inch drop the bar was designed ona stock truck. DJM requires mods to a trac bar just like it does for yur rear fenders and everything else.

rich017

Reaction score
custom i have the SS mono leafs and a 2.75in block =4in drop

Doesn't matter. It's still a 4" drop making the distance shorter and that's why it did not fit perfect.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^i don't see anywhere in his post stating that the length was an issue(although it will be) but rather that he had to open up to of the holes on the diff bracket to get all the studs to go thru. I don't know what the big deal is about having to open up 2 holes and why the trac bar is called a POS? He probably shoulda cooled down after he saw this "issue" and just took care of it and not post about it being a turd, nothing wrong with posting about an issue found when installing the trac bar or any other mod as that would help anyone who would be installing the same item.
I know I may have been the very first member to receive the TSK45 from the URD group buy almost a year ago and I had an issue with part of the kit. I called G up right away explaining what I found and he sent me a new kit immediately. No reason for me to post about it because I handled it properly and calmly.

X-roller

Reaction score
I would recommend you relocate the charcoal canister.....

I'm surprised nobody has said that yet....

You will call this bar an even bigger POS once it breaks your charcoal canister. :top: Just food for thought. I think the URD trac bar is a great set up for our trucks.... but I may be going a different route. Either way a top notch product and thank you URD for supplying us with aftermarket parts.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^yup forgot all about te charcoal canister, good catch! MrX would be pissed the first time he hit a big bump, got a MIL and said WTF?!!
So he can either move it or make some custom bumpstops that are longer so that it stops the axle before the trac bar hits the canister. The problem isn't with the Trac bar but with the DJM notch it's self. The notch is just too big for our trucks and could stand to be a bit smaller

ntinhri

Reaction score
Yup sound like URD f-d up.. ANd Im sure you will never start a thread thanking gadget.... SOunds like you went to chickflia ordering a fish sandwich... Good job...

SOrry to be a smart ars, but crap like this pisses me off.... IDC if it was URD, APR, HVM, ETC.... If you have a issue, call the company first. See if they will help.. No if you get no help, BLAST them on every forum you can find..... BUT you look like a tard starting this type of thread!!!

BTW like someone else said, MOVE your charcoal canister.... and enjoy your trac bar once you get it worked out.....

Top Bottom