Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD XRunner pushes through 400 RWHP

Smeegle

Reaction score
Holy Sh**t-- I'm never gonna live long enough!!!
Gadget=My HERO/inspiration/goal setter
URD the rest of the way for me

Mano

Reaction score
I have been getting eaten alive with PMs and emails wanting to know more about my XRunner power improvement project.

I still have some work to do, but there has been a significant power improvement so far. The XRunner is breaking the 400 RWHP barrier close to redline. I think there is some more power left in it if I can raise the redline a little bit. More on that project later.

Right now this is 193 RWHP more than the completely stock truck.

This setup is still in the development stages so please don't eat me up with requests on release dates and so on.

Oh, yes it is SUPERCHARGED using a Rotrex supercharger. You can see the rest of my mods in the list.

XRDyno8-14-08.jpg

Gadget

Gadget since this truck was tuned using the Mapecu2 and a 1000cc 7th and pushing 402whp .. i was wondering if i could run the APR 2.7 on my truck and just retard a little more timing to be safe ..? im running the TRD 425cc primaries and APR 7th and i also have your URD Walbro 255 fuel pump so i think i have enough fuel .. and i won't be going past the stock Rev limiter since i can't raise it ..

ntinhri

Reaction score
get a wide band to be sure.. every truck is different........

Gadget

Reaction score
More boost is not always better.

With the 3 lobe Eaton superchargers they loose efficiency really bad as you up the boost and the air coming out of them gets really hot. On my TRD supercharger I tested it once and it was well over 300 degrees F.

Combine that with the less than optimum fuel you have there and it may not be a good combination, but in the end it is your truck and you will have to be the one to make the final decision.

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday my s/c inter cooler fluid was about 90*, I flipped a u turn and was FULL out to 4th gear, my fluid temp went from 90* to 125* before I got in 4th. This kinda tells you how much heat I create with all my pulleys. So yea our S/C 's create a ton of heat with high boost.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You definitely will need larger primary injectors if you want to run the 2.7 pulley. No way around it.

5000XD

Reaction score
I will be running the 2.7 and got:
URD fuel pump upgrade
URD injector upgrade
APR 7th injector

Mano

Reaction score
You definitely will need larger primary injectors if you want to run the 2.7 pulley. No way around it.

Isnt the trd 425cc and the APR 7th injector and URD fuel pump enough fuel for the 2.7 pulley im not going to be running over 5500 rpm anyways ..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. The primary injector size is too small. Pump is fine. Don't know what size 7th you have, so I don't know if that will be, but it should if it is the same as what everybody else is running. Just have to up the primaries and re-tune.

Murderface

Reaction score
Isnt the trd 425cc and the APR 7th injector and URD fuel pump enough fuel for the 2.7 pulley im not going to be running over 5500 rpm anyways ..

APR's site states when using the 2.7" pulley u either need the 7th inj OR 670cc primaries. I would suggest doing a data log to see if ur lading out the 7th and 425cc primaries before ripping the boost too high. Better safe then sorry

Mano

Reaction score
APR's site states when using the 2.7" pulley u either need the 7th inj OR 670cc primaries. I would suggest doing a data log to see if ur lading out the 7th and 425cc primaries before ripping the boost too high. Better safe then sorry

I wish i could do log's but i can't because the X1 isn't available for 09 Tacoma's but i have been told that the X1 runs the injectors really aggressive .. so i think i should be ok with my mapecu2 and apr 7th . i think the apr 7th is a 630cc injector so the 425cc TRD and 630cc APR im i have enough fuel ...:rolleyez:

X-roller

Reaction score
was this the MKI or MKII that broke this barrier?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I believe the highest dyno on an MKI kit was ~340-350 HP. I could be wrong as I can't find the info now.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I can remember, you can log with the mapecu2.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Gadget can tell you. Call him

Gadget

Reaction score
Can't.

You would have to connect a duty cycle meter directly to one of the fuel injectors. That is how I do it on non-X-1 vehicles. Many of the higher end automotive diagnostic meters will have a duty cycle function.

G

X-roller

Reaction score
I believe the highest dyno on an MKI kit was ~340-350 HP. I could be wrong as I can't find the info now.

Was that on the stock pulley? I heard of the mkI in the 380 hp with the 75mm pulley... I may be wrong though. :top:

Gman you should know this answer... what is the best dyno result for the mkI?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Just another bump. Gadgets numbers aren't some impossible to hit magic dyno pull like some have claimed.
I went 414.9hp 390 tq with rev limiter set to 5900 and running 93 octane gas. :biggrin:

Top Bottom