Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Y Pipe Question

Redline

Reaction score
Im sure this question has been asked before but, I would like to know
is the Y Pipe worth it ? Gains ? Exhaust Sound ? Louder ?
Thanks in advance

Coupe

Reaction score
It will be louder. The rear cats quiet the exhaust a lot.

autobodyX

Reaction score
If URD puts their name on it you will see gains.

Fish_On

Reaction score
Get the y pipe with the urd mkII. Its not loud.

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Would there be a big difference in gains between equal length and regular urd y pipe ?

Fish_On

Reaction score
No, shouldn't be much at all. The only difference is URD hasn't released the equal length so you will effectively be paying 40% more for the arp that has less "rasp". Not worth it IMO. Go get the URD Y pipe, its nice. And like I said it isn't loud with the mkII catback.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
He might be referring to the 4x4 version versus the XR version?

Redline

Reaction score
Does age matter on the y pipe on its performance?

darthyota

Reaction score
no it doesn't. although i have a brand new apr equal length y pipe for sale for a little more then the cost of a urd

SooRunner

Reaction score
Might be a bit off topic but will a 4X4 Tacoma Y pipe fit our X-runner?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i put the urd y-pipe on last after the dtlt's, urd mk2 cb, and trd s/c and i definitely noticed a gain in power. especially higher up in the rpms. gets a lot louder but is simply toned down with res or small muffler just after the y-pipe :top:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Does it hurt on bottom end power much ?

not with the blower and even if it did on a stock X it probably wouldn't be noticable. pretty sure gadget has some dyno graphs somewhere....

also i've had every different combination of exhausts you could imagine and stock exhaust with intake was my favorite sound next to the supercharger whine

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
not with the blower and even if it did on a stock X it probably wouldn't be noticable. pretty sure gadget has some dyno graphs somewhere....

also i've had every different combination of exhausts you could imagine and stock exhaust with intake was my favorite sound next to the supercharger whine

Sounds like i needa get a set of o2 sims an break down an get a y pipe haha:top:

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
if i remember correctly you don't need the 02 simulator unless you remove the front cats (put long tube headers in)

That will be even better! Jus dont want no cel on .. But will Save some cash if i dont need em:rockon:. thanks for the info man

Top Bottom