Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V1 location

THE MACF

Reaction score
Has anybody with a Valentine 1 mounted it above the rearview mirror? On the right side of the window post? I currently have my Scangauge on the left side. How's the signal quality up there? I don't want it down above my dash cause I have to remove it everytime I go through a certain gate. Embedded pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Has anybody with a Valentine 1 mounted it above the rearview mirror? On the right side of the window post? I currently have my Scangauge on the left side. How's the signal quality up there? I don't want it down above my dash cause I have to remove it everytime I go through a certain gate. Embedded pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

The ideal place for any radar detector is up high.

My V1 is mounted just off to the right of the rear view mirror just below the tint band.

preXrunner

Reaction score
I have mine hardwired... mounted on the left side of the rear view mirror, below the tint band as well.

THE MACF

Reaction score
I was just going to snake my cable through the a-pillar like the sg

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
you can purchase a blendmount for your V1...this is not my truck cause I'm waiting for both the blendmount and my V1 to arrive...:biggrin: but you get the idea...

41XrusRq0fL.jpg

51lzemarKJL._SL400_.jpg

31kaDFUhW9L._SL400_.jpg

preXrunner

Reaction score
^^ I almost bought a blendmount for my V1... but decided to blendmount my ScanGauge instead

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I have my scangauge II on a blendmount and it above the rear view mirror. I figured I would do the same thing with the V1 but run it below the mirror...:biggrin:

Hopefully it doesn't look to busy...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
you can purchase a blendmount for your V1...this is not my truck cause I'm waiting for both the blendmount and my V1 to arrive...:biggrin: but you get the idea...

41XrusRq0fL.jpg

51lzemarKJL._SL400_.jpg

31kaDFUhW9L._SL400_.jpg

This places the V1 in plain view and it looks damn near impossible to make it level.

I considered it too; the leveling issue is my main gripe.

THE MACF

Reaction score
This places the V1 in plain view and it looks damn near impossible to make it level.

I considered it too; the leveling issue is my main gripe.

I want mine level and above the mirror so people can't see it. Having to repeatedly take it off and on get's to be a big pain.

Wayne R

Reaction score
Mine are located in the middle of the Windshield just below the Rearview Mirror. Getting them high as possible is good, just be careful you don't get them too high and obstruct the rear sensing radar/laser window. Make sure the unit has a clear view aft. Look to make sure vehicle roof structure where it curves down to the rear glass doesn't impede the units view. Also check for other obstructions that may be in the back seat area.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Radar penetrates glass (bouncing around the interior of the truck) so the V1 doesn't have to "See" through the window to detect radar from the rear (unlike laser) with that nice rearward horn antenna.

Its a balance between best laser view and hidden view from the outside I suppose.

While I agree that range may be decreased somewhat; the range is so damn good from behind (to the point where its excessive and almost pointless lol) I usually don't worry about it's rear view.

Top Bottom