Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Valentine 1 Rearview Mirror

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
thanks for the info. deathshadow. PLCX, where did you get that rear view mirrow with laser jammer/radar detector from?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
not that i can tell. if you turn it off before he gets to your car he might not see it. the only way he would be able to tell if he had his gun pointed at your truck/car/bike, no number will show up, just dashes like so -----. i used to have this on my streetbike. it really helped.

Hitman

Reaction score
It will cut back laser sensitivity during the day time. Also certain tints contain metals that can also reduce radar range from a small up to a large amount.

Hey DS can you post up some pics of your V1 Setup

JakeX

Reaction score
can a cop tell if you have a laser jammer?

The way i understood it was natural stuff like UV rays and weather, or mirrors/reflective stuff can mess up laser guns sometimes, and when the cop points the laser at you while being affected by one of those, it just displays ----- like TOLL said. So when you are hit with the laser and you have a jammer and it goes off, you just slow down to the speed limit and turn it off quickly. Its kinda simulating a natural error. :dontknow: As long as you turn it off after slowing down, they probably wont get suspicious... and if you have the laser jammers hidden within your grill, they cant really have much proof that you jammed em, i dont think.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
my points exactly JakeX. i am actually about to purchase the V1 rear view mirror by gentex. i will post pics and let you guys know how everything works out.

The way i understood it was natural stuff like UV rays and weather, or mirrors/reflective stuff can mess up laser guns sometimes, and when the cop points the laser at you while being affected by one of those, it just displays ----- like TOLL said. So when you are hit with the laser and you have a jammer and it goes off, you just slow down to the speed limit and turn it off quickly. Its kinda simulating a natural error. :dontknow: As long as you turn it off after slowing down, they probably wont get suspicious... and if you have the laser jammers hidden within your grill, they cant really have much proof that you jammed em, i dont think.

RedXr

Reaction score
a good radar in my opinion is enough. can the jamming of the jammer jam a "pop" band?:biggrin:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Hey DS can you post up some pics of your V1 Setup

I dont have a picture showing the exact place I have it now but these should give you an idea.

This picture is not my final mounting position but the V1 is still in this general area. I have it mounted in the tint area as much as possible with out the "lens" of the detector being blocked by it.

V1mirror.JPG

Here is my modified remote on my center column:
V1remote.JPG

In this picture you can see the suction cups:
truckside2new.jpg

a good radar in my opinion is enough. can the jamming of the jammer jam a "pop" band?:biggrin:

No it can not jam POP, but police can not legally use POP mode to write tickets either. Do not confuse "POP" mode with instant on radar.

A POP mode is strictly intended to be used as a stealth target speed assessment tool (with out setting off every detector with in 2 miles).

Now mind you... I am sure police have used POP to write a ticket before, luckily enough however every time I have been hit with POP they followed it with a KA reading (this is how its legally suppose to be done).

POP mode is suppose to only give the officer a quick "stealthy" speed estimate of a questionable target. It is suppose to be followed up by normal means of radar/lidar tracking to verify the speed of the target and provide a tracking history.

For speeders that stick with in 10% of the speed limit a good radar detector will serve you just fine.

For speeders that go far beyond that point a laser jammer is a necessity.

Last edited:

RedXr

Reaction score
awesome clarification DS, thanks. I know many staters in my area, ill ask around to see if they have written tickets off pop, because i have gotten it before. Ive had my bel rx65 for a couple weeks now, its amazing!!!!!!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Some detectors confuse POP with instant on radar and will display POP instead.

A POP encounter should go something like this....

Your driving along a freeway and you get a POP warning on your detector, then silence... You see nothing around. So you slow down and proceed cautiously anticipating another radar burst.

You drive a half mile or so and POP displays on the detector screen again but quickly silences.

Then it happens! You get hit with a KA signal and its strong! There is a police officer ahead acquiring your speed.

A ticket written off of POP mode is very rare as very few officers know how to use it or are equipped with it.

A ticket off of instant on is much more likely.

RedXr

Reaction score
I wish I had the radars to try this :laugh:

emo_X

Reaction score
i like the idea but in the 350z they just put it in the back window hmmm :hmmmm2: not really worth it seeing its legal in tx to have a radar here in texas. it would be better if the locater unit was all one. were in was in the mirror to. well post up ur locations of ur locater guys :top: keep us posted

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i like the idea but in the 350z they just put it in the back window hmmm :hmmmm2: not really worth it seeing its legal in tx to have a radar here in texas. it would be better if the locater unit was all one. were in was in the mirror to. well post up ur locations of ur locater guys :top: keep us posted

For states that radar detectors are illegal in you would benefit more from an STI remote install rather then a single window unit.

emo_X

Reaction score
For states that radar detectors are illegal in you would benefit more from an STI remote install rather then a single window unit.

well yes thats what i am saying its not for me, but its nice and i would like to see the turnout of there install:top:

i see u have the passport and the v is the v that much better?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
well yes thats what i am saying its not for me, but its nice and i would like to see the turnout of there install:top:

i see u have the passport and the v is the v that much better?

I have owned them all man, the V1 is still my choice.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
not really worth it seeing its legal in tx to have a radar here in texas.

I don't think that's right...

Detectors are ONLY illegal in Virginia and Washington DC and...
Jammers are ONLY illegal in Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

*EDIT* I miss read that... you said LEGAL... yeah, well correct... above are the states it's illegal, MY BAD!

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I don't think that's right...

Detectors are ONLY illegal in Virginia and Washington DC and...
Jammers are ONLY illegal in Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

*EDIT* I miss read that... you said LEGAL... yeah, well correct... above are the states it's illegal, MY BAD!

Laser jammers that is...

A radar jammer is a felony in every state.

Top Bottom