Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vertical vs Horizontal

What post display mode do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have changed the post view type from the XRU traditional horizontal viewing mode to the more forum-standard vertical mode. What are your thoughts? Obviously, there will need to be some additional changes to make it work exactly right (for instance, where the mod list is now showing up below the signatures - and also removing or relocating the left sidebar on post pages) but before I invest the time, I wanted to see what you all thought.

justin13703

Reaction score
Whichever way you go is cool, I liked it the way it was before cause it kind of set us apart from other forums, but whichever way you go we will support it :top:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I liked the old way better. It is much easier to read posts with it the old way on my 13" macbook.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
i really wanted to pick option 3...:laugh:

but i didn't want to risk it actually being permanently set to the typical forum lay out. i like XRU's layout over other forums.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Not a fan. I like the way it was originally, it seemed easier on the eyes too.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter much to me. Just like the other updates... not used to it yet, but with time, It'll be like it was always this way!

Just seems like a waste of space to have all that blank space if your mod list isn't that long...

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
seems easier to read n easier on the eyes the old way! but if u wanna change any one thing, i like the way the profile pics and basic info(like join date, post count, location, online status) but move the mod list back to old way

Super Werty

Reaction score
To me it looks unfinished now. And I find it harder to read because my eyes have to go farther left and right.

I would change it back

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the masses. I'd revert back. I also don't like how everyone's User info is a different width. Engineer talking, if it's not a perfect straight line it bugs me :rofl:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Horizontal.. It is what sets Xru apart from the rest and makes this place the best!

roy365

Reaction score
I have to admit, coming from from traditional formats I was a little thrown off with this forum's alignment at first. But I know you guys & gals have had it the other way and like it. So it looks like I will just have to adapt! LOL.

justin13703

Reaction score
I agree with the masses. I'd revert back. I also don't like how everyone's User info is a different width. Engineer talking, if it's not a perfect straight line it bugs me :rofl:
Thats what I was gonna say too, everything is kind of staggered at different spots. Plus, Its harder to read now on phones and tablets, before I could zoom in and go straight down and see usernames and posts, now I have to go left, right, and down to see who posted the one im reading.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So much for the "three lines" rule for Sigs, in the forum rules. Lol.

It definitely flowed better being horizonal.

Hitman

Reaction score
I like the previous version style but it really doesn't matter to me I will get used to it either way you choose:top:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom