Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Victim of a Hit and run

rios

Reaction score
so i was at my friends house tonight, and we have to park on the street because his driveway is too small. i show up around 9pm and notice a car parked in front of me, so i give it a solid 8foot bumper so that in case they try to leave they can back up and have plenty of space.
11:40pm comes along and i have to go home. i come out to my beautiful X, and thought the hood had been popped, but i didnt pop it when i locked the car. I look at the front end and almost cried. Left front headlight, cracked. Hood, bent up behind the headlight, and bent right above the grill. the grill fell right off when i touched it. Radiator is fine, but there is some structural damage to the frame.
Whoever hit me just took off. All they had to do was walk back 15 feet into the house and say, o my bad i just hit your truck, but they didnt. They were probably drunk/high and since they are under 21, wanted to avoid legal trouble. These stupid immature high school kids just love to drink and drive and they think they are so cool. I have never been this pissed in my life. But it turns out that all the kids at the party went to my school, so all i have to do is cruise the parking lot, find the car, the plate number, and report it to the cops and they will be screwed.

This is with the grill still on, since then, it fell off and is not on anymore.
there will be more pics, but this was right when i saw it, sorry for the quality, taken off of my phone.
xrunner1.jpg
xrunner.jpg

xrunner4.jpg
xrunner3.jpg

xrunner2.jpg

Last edited:

alexxwing

Reaction score
that sucks bro not cool you should tell the cops they were drinking and smoking when they hit you so they rilly get it

Murderface

Reaction score
Do It!!! Cause that's how I roll, I'll throw my mom right under the bus-phuck her!

rios

Reaction score
yea i just hope i can find the kids who did it.

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
if you know that they went to your school you should go talk to your campus resource officer and have him find it or at least help you. then they'll get into it at school too...

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Sucks to say, but unless you have an eye-witness or get a confession, the cops are going to say there's nothing they can do. They'll give you a report number to give to your insurance company which doesn't really help much.

I been there before on multiple occasions...

Mine were all in Phoenix and I don't see Scottsdale PD handling it any differently. I hope you have comprehensive coverage.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Man, this sucks. Hope u get ur X fixed. Any pics?

rios

Reaction score
Sucks to say, but unless you have an eye-witness or get a confession, the cops are going to say there's nothing they can do. They'll give you a report number to give to your insurance company which doesn't really help much.

I been there before on multiple occasions...

Mine were all in Phoenix and I don't see Scottsdale PD handling it any differently. I hope you have comprehensive coverage.

yea scottsdale pd is the worst. took them an HOUR and 15 minutes before they showed up. Im looking to find the person who did it and have them confess to it and i dont think i will take it to the insurance, because my rates will go up

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the hit and run. It sucks when people don't man-up to their responsibilities. :thumpdown:

Insurance rates shouldn't go up because of a hit and run... especially since you have the police report.

I had about $6000.00 in damage on one of my older cars (1993 Accord EX Wagon 5-Speed) from a hit and run. Got a police report and insurance took care of it no problems!

Good luck! :top:

rios

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the hit and run. It sucks when people don't man-up to their responsibilities. :thumpdown:

Insurance rates shouldn't go up because of a hit and run... especially since you have the police report.

I had about $6000.00 in damage on one of my older cars (1993 Accord EX Wagon 5-Speed) from a hit and run. Got a police report and insurance took care of it no problems!

Good luck! :top:

really? your rates didnt go up? that's the only thing holding me back from taking it to my insurance company and they paid all of it?
did you ever find the person who did it?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
:dito: I had hit and run on my insurance once upon a time and I didnt find the person who did it and statefarm took care of me without any penalties on my account.. You should be ok bud. :top:

rios

Reaction score
alright, well i hope they can do the same for me.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
my X has Gotten Rear Ended 2 Times And A Hit N Run Once ... That Happened Before I Was 21 ... Rates Still have Not Gone Up ... you will just need to pay your deductible ... i paid 500 to fix my hit n run

KETCHUP

Reaction score
depending if you can drive to EP, Carlos (MANCHEX) would probably sell you his SWB hood. I don't think it was damaged in his crash.

rios

Reaction score
yea my deductible is 1000$ i think.

and thanks ketchup, but i dont think a drive out to EP will happen.
my brother knows some people who work for toyota, so i might get a deal on a hood.

ddunbarxrunner

Reaction score
what kinda collision was it.... where was it hit

never mind i saw it ..... is the grille broken at all ? just looks like a head lamp and a hood?
i think an after market h lamp is about 140 and an aftermarket hood is probably a 200-300

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score
what kinda collision was it.... where was it hit

never mind i saw it ..... is the grille broken at all ? just looks like a head lamp and a hood?

Are you kidding me?!

Do you not see how the grill is completely missing in the last 2 pics...

rios

Reaction score
the grill has a tiny little crack in the black plastic behind the emblem, but i think the brackets to hold the grill on are toast as well.

I would need a new hood, headlight, possibly grill. but thats it

Top Bottom