Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Victim of a hit and run

Murderface

Reaction score
So this morning I drive me and my oldest daughter to my dads school where he teaches because she's in a play that he's conducting. After getting out of the truck(daughter sits behind me) I got to the passenger side for the first time since fri early evening and noticed someone hit me! Pretty much looks identical to the member who recently pulled outta a spot and bit a concrete column and scraped from the front door to the very beginning of the rear fender. Got a dent on the access door and I think I can buff out the rest, well maybe.
So ****ing pissed cause (A) can't for the life of me figure out when it coulda happened cause I (B)washed my truck on fri and it sat till this morning. It's parked in my driveway the whole weekend so it wasn't hit there. Whatever it was was white in color so I'll be looking out for a scraped up white car at my dads school where my truck sits mon-fri 830am-2pm.

Pics to follow

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Happened to me too. Haven't fixed it yet... still gotta come up with the deductible! :motz:

Toon714

Reaction score
damn thats freakin wack! i hope the dmg is not too much bro.
man thats why i park like far as hell in a empty area to make sure nothing like this happens to me.

Slay0r

Reaction score
same here. Happened last week at a grocery store parking lot. came out and dent in my bumper and paint transfer (white). Have a nice dent in the bumper and now that size has a small panel gap, compared to the large panel gap on the other side.

...right before ima bout to sell it too.

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya I always park out where no one else does and if I have to park near people I make sure it's an end spot so that I can park as close to the curb on the one side and leave a gigantic gap between me and the next spot. I'm very picky where I park my truck for this reason, it use to have no dents or dings anywhere on the body......use to.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To many ignorant people out there that care nothing for other peoples' property. Such a profound lack of respect.

butters607

Reaction score
Yep I feel ya on this my truck has battle scars from retards too

STONER-X

Reaction score
they not down with OPP... :thumbdown:

had the same thing happen to my last car..... then since i have had my X.. someone put a crowroyal bottle behind one of my tires at a bar..... punch my tailgate when it was a week old (small dent) then someone kicked the side of it with there boot.....

all at the same bar a round the same time (Hudsons .... for you cypress folks)

i dont think it was someone hating on "me" but more or less drunk people leaving a bar doing "funny" stuff........

now i dont park along the side of that bar anymore.... i park in teh front and everything has been fine....

sorry to hear and hope you can get it all taken care of... if you find that car... yank off there bumper..... :motz:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
this is why I'm now glad i drive an old truck don't have to worry about the headaches of getting a scratch, now I'm the asshole that when someone is hugging the line of their space i park right next to em just to be a d!ck.

hate to hear it happened John, hope you find out who it was so we can give em a beat down XRU style lol post pics too bud.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
They were jealous that you have an awesome looking fast ass truck.....

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Fail, see Reds are blowing up, blacks getting beat down like Rodney king, and blue is on speed and quite imaginative fairy trucks.... Feel bad for ya John. :thumbdown:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that John. People in NY have absolutely no respect for other's vehicles. When I was down there my brother in his brand new M3 parked in a spot that was impossible to get hit and the when we got back there was a huge scrape down the front fender flare. He was devastated.

All the best John.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
That's shitty man. I would blame an old Asian lady.... Your wife's mother been over recently?? :laugh:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Sadly I can relate.

In Chicago about 17yrs ago, I was smashed into by a hit-n-run taxi cab while crossing an intersection (I had the green, the cabbie had the red. Problem being the traffic light was mounted on a short pole and there was a moving truck parked at the corner, obscuring their view of the light). They rammed me and kept on going. Fortunately, there were witnesses and a plate search found the cab to be registered to the M&I Cab Co of 2900 N Farwell in Chicago.

But, that wasn't all. While the car was in the shop, I had a rental. A Chevy Cavalier. Came out of work one day to find that someone had hit it, too ! Unfortunately, there were no witnesses this time. But, with some work, i was able to hammer out enough of the dent where you couldn't tell at a distance. I turned the car in, "don't ask, don't tell" and never heard from the rental company again ...

x20Runner05

Reaction score
That sucks so much damage. I get pissed with people looking at my truck haha.

Murderface

Reaction score
Well I as able to get all the scratches out(I think) and was able to pop the dents out in front of the rear fender flare with minimum effort, touched them and they just popped right out back into shape now I just need to figure out how to pop out the dent on the back edge of the access door. I'm thinking if I take off the door panel and whack it with something soft I should be able to get that one out also. I should mention that this dent is about 1-1 1/2"'s from the edge so I may be able to do it from inside the door. If not it may just stay there till I feel like paying a paintless dent remover to come pop it out. We'll see how long I can go without it bugging me.......ok it's now bugging me:laugh:
Oh I also need to repair the ground effect that's right before the rear wheel well, the little plastic clip doesn't seem to want to hold onto the ground effect anymore.

Well since it was starting to get dark out and my wife was howling like a wolf to get me inside I wasn't able to take any pics of the damage before I fixed it. Sorry I know everyone likes to see the damage but I will snap some pics tomorrow of where the dent is on the access door. I was supposed to ship out some drop blocks today to a XRU member but this hit and run had me pissed and needed to get home to assess the damage(it will ship tomorrow bro). I'm hoping that when I see it with some sunlight hitting it that I won't see any scratches that I missed tonight. Also praying that the fender flare paint doesn't start chipping off where it starts to curl under towards the top of the tire.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I'm sure you still have yours but a member recently took the suction cup mount for his UG and popped a dent out lol

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
welcome to the club.... someone ****ed up my whole rear end and i cant turn it in to my insurance because i wont be able to afford the increase in payments

Top Bottom