Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Viper 5901 alarm

southerncalix951

Reaction score
Alright well i just got the new viper alarm installed with remote start and all those goodies, but had a few questions...
1st is i hate that the remote makes noises when you press any of the buttons, for example when you press remote start... anyone know if this can be turned off??
2nd is i need to know how to turn off the horn chirp when i lock or unlock the truck???
3rd Cant figure out how to change sensitivity, i can punch the bumper or tire and no warning

Thanks in advance, i know i can go back to the shop for all this, but thought id use that as last resort

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score
1. There is some way to turn the beep off. I couldn't tell you, check the book. I have the 2-way remote, so if mine doesn't beep it vibrates. Thus, the batteries die a lot faster. I'm sure you have to press 2 of the buttons at the same time.
2.???:dontknow:
3. This may be wrong as hell, but check for the alarm brain. It should be some where under the hood in the engine bay. There should be a knob to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. I'm thinking you can do it by hand, but you may need a screwdriver???:hmmmm2:

When in doubt...check the book, or take it back to the place that installed it:top:

This probably didn't help at all, LOL...my bad mane!

Viet2100

Reaction score
1. Hold down the program button (black button on back with a "P") until it beeps. Press the lock button and it will switch to vibrate.
2. I am not sure, but I think it has to chirp.
3. Look for a square clear looking small box (size of a box for a ring). It is connected to the brain. You will see a small dial that you will have to use a phillips screws driver to turn. I believe it is right to turn up the sensitivity, and left to turn down.

southerncalix951

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys, ive read through the book like ten times, im just going to take it back to the stereo shop...

And word of advice for everyone, you get what you pay for, always just go with the best equipment, i had a cheapo off brand alarm and it sucked, a hundred dollars more and a year later i ended up with the viper and its way better

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
how much was the viper alarm?????

im looking for some alarms because the school im going to attend is in the VALLEY...

southerncalix951

Reaction score
I paid 400 out the door installed... and like i said i paid i think 300 fof the off brand the first time cause i didnt shop around, so shop around and do not settle or let them talk you into something else

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
There should be a wire from the brain to the horn trigger, snip the wire and not more horn chirp :top:

or you can put it on a switch and select if you want it to chirp or not

but there should be a way to program it not to beep

Justin

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I know with my old alarm, it was a sequence with the valet switch and the remote and you could adjust the different options like horn chirp, auto door arm, etc...

southerncalix951

Reaction score
Ya im sure theres a way... my last alarm i programmed to where it didnt chirp when i locked or unlocked it, only when the alarm was triggered... and it was all in the booklet, but cant seem to find it in this new booklet, im gonna talk to the stereo shop, theres a couple little things i wanna change, but overal this alarm is bad ace!! I think my favorite thing is the remote is rechargeable, just plug it into the wall and bam, no more batteries waisted

Venomous_X

Reaction score
you have an auto or manual tranny brother? I tried to get a viper with remote start and they said for liability reasons they couldnt hook up the remote start :motz: Any of you other guys have remote start? (btw i dont leave the truck in gear)

southerncalix951

Reaction score
I have auto, but thats b.s. they can install it on any vehicle, the only cars ive heard that they cant are convertibles

Top Bottom