Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Viper remote start with factory remote

Witace12

Reaction score
When I bought my truck it came with a viper remote start. Sometimes I have to hit the lock button multiple times before it will actually lock. I was wondering if a factory remote would work with the autostart. If it wouldn't work, could I get a factory remote for the lock/unlock features during the summer and then use the viper remote during the winter without having to reprogram any remotes?

justin13703

Reaction score
No a factory remote won't work with the viper. If you want to use the factory remote just leave the viper system disarmed and lock/unlock the truck with factory remote. If it was installed right that will work fine. Although if your factory remote works better than a viper remote I would just get a new viper remote.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Probably need a new remote. Mine does the same thing. Or just pull the battery out of the remote and put it back in. It will play the music thingy, and you should be good to go!

Top Bottom