Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Well guys, times are a little hard. I've got a VIS carbon fiber hood with about two months of driving on it. It has no blemishes.

I'm asking $400 local pickup since the thing would be a b**** to package.

I am not dead set on the price but would like to get something close to that.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow if there is interest.

Edit: Found a pic in my photo album and I will add more later

picture.php

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
nooo!!!! the only other person with a RR and CFH is selling his hood! gotta do what you gotta do though bro. good luck with your sale.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Arrgghh I know...I finally blacked out my emblem too and with bhlm that hood looks sick on an RR. I'd keep it if I could.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
if anyone interested is curious how it looks on your particular color.

here it is on BSP
P4050057.jpg

on SWB
69c83996.jpg

and obviously on RR
P5110024.jpg

05Xrunner

Reaction score
where do you buy these?
how is the fit and finish on these..and I see no one has hood pins..is it not needed..I really wouldnt want them. I dont race my truck or really ever drive all that fast.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
i wish you were in texas. i would def. buy it and paint half of it RR...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
you may be able to still pick these up through Shane at Sittin' Sic...

the fit and finish on the CF Hood are unsurpassed...they look so sexy in person...not to mention when the sunlight hits the hood you know your a baller...if the hood is fitted correctly hood pins are not required...but I recommend aerocatch latches instead of hood pins...cause you can lock them with a key and you can also get them in CF to match the hood...Hood pins for security and safety...

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
There's no adjustments on the hood other than the rubber bump stops on the underside of the front.

I have driven 100+ with this hood and had no issues, however it does flex a little bit more than the stock hood when the wind hits it.

if anyone interested is curious how it looks on your particular color.

here it is on BSP
P4050057.jpg

on SWB
69c83996.jpg

and obviously on RR
P5110024.jpg

Thank you sir! :top:

Last edited:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
wow....hum...if I pay for shipping would you be willing to ship???

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
where do you buy these?
how is the fit and finish on these..and I see no one has hood pins..is it not needed..I really wouldnt want them. I dont race my truck or really ever drive all that fast.

Shane sells them and has the best price of anyone $715 i think.

hoodpins are not needed, i don't have them on mine and i've taken it to 125 (speed limiter) and its still on my hood. the aerotech pins are... ok they cost an arm and a leg and sit flush with the hood. i'm old school i like the pins and wires coming from the grill:biggrin:. as far as is lining up correctly, when we installed the one of the SWB at XFE took us a lil bit to line it up however when i installed mine it lined up perfectly the first time.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
wow....hum...if I pay for shipping would you be willing to ship???

There is currently one person in front of you if I do decide to ship. I want to give locals a couple days as an attempt to avoid the shipping headache.

Locals??? I know you all want a CF hood :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
If you ship PAY FOR THE INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love mine... 125 plus............ no problemssss

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
damn bro if u were closer to me i would take that off your hands no questions asked it just the shipping that gets me

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
hey how far are you from like Monteray/Seaside/Carmel area?

05Xrunner

Reaction score
forgot to ask another question..does it have holes for the washer squirters..or is it all covered?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
forgot to ask another question..does it have holes for the washer squirters..or is it all covered?

the holes are there however to fit the OEM washer things from our stock hood you need to dremel the holes out on the hood or find other washer things that fit.

I don't trust myself to dremel on a nearly $1000 hood and i'm broke to buy new ones so i just have the holes in my hood right now. by the pictures it looks as though he hasn't dremeled his out either.

Top Bottom