Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vision/Eye Insurance

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Does anyone here have vision/eye insurance? I've always just paid out of pocket, but I'm tired of dropping up to 1,000 bucks a year on this stuff. (I am not eligible for LASIK)

Who do you have and what should I look for?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
All I know is that you better get some insurance for the assbeating that the Cowboys are gonna get from the Eagles this Sunday

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure my BCBS covers eyes, and a guy I work with here just had his eyes operated on and it was covered (dont think it was a lasik operation tho)

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I just renewed my insurance through the company I work for ..its CHEAP!

EyeMed BCBS:
Employee Only - Montly Prem.: $3.80

I never had vision insurance till now and let me tell you! I saved a lot of MONEY!

When I got my insurance card I immediately renewed my prescription. Here is the run down

Eye Exam $50
1 year of supply of contacts $35-40 each box
(3 Boxes of contacts each box carries 6 contacts = 3-4 month supply depends if you use your glasses)

I paid $40?

I also have a deductible of $100 for my frames. I still need to go get some glasses. Also, %15 off shades

Last edited:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Generally speaking, most vision plans are a part of general health plans.

And most vision plans also don't cover LASIK.

If your health plans doesn't include vision, then ask your employer (if your health plan is an employer-provided benefit) or ask your insurer (if you bought your health plan on your own). I don't know if you can get a vision plan on its own without a health plan.

MusTrd

Reaction score
If vision is not included as part of your general health plan as BlackCat stated, then like Nate said supplemental vision plans are generally pretty cheap compared to paying out of pocket if you actually use it. In my experience with 2 different employers thus far, neither of them included vision as part of your general health insurance but both were less than $10 a month to add.

Top Bottom