Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wallasx dyno day must see

Bulldogger

Reaction score
With that HP and weighing in at 4000lbs he'd be calculated to run a 12.09 1/4 mile, not sure where u got low 11's:hmmmm2:

One day people will get a clue! It's like our Canadian member that's pushing 11psi with his TRD blower. He use to brag about hitting 11 psi but he's doin it with a completely choked up stock exhaust.

Truck weight is around 3700lbs I don't know what he weighs, and I said mid to high 11's. sooo 11.5-11.9. If you feel better I will grant you the 12.09 :adore:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Lol...calculating 1/4 mile times off of peak HP. I though this was a Tacoma a forum, not a civic forum?....you guys forget peak HP only tells part of the equation. Kinda like URD showing dyno graphs of the mrk3 but starting the pull at over 3,000rpms...what's happening before then?!?!?!?! Peak numbers are good for d*ck measuring contests and that's it.

Enough bench tuning, hit up the damn track, and lets see some damn ets...

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Its not how you race your truck...its how you talk about it on the internets...

justin13703

Reaction score
Troll physics ftw.
^^^ Lol, Right? I dont know why people are estimating 1/4 time and trap speed off of a hp number? There are so many variables, one big one being gearing, another one the driver, that you just cant do it. Honestly an X with 450whp and stock trans will probably be mid to high 12's. No where near low 11's.

madtrucker

Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
Enough bench tuning, hit up the damn track, and lets see some damn ets...

When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I loved when Gadget was talking some shit about my TRD on the TEXFEST dyno day, saying how my MRKI made more power... You know, it really might have, but that power is only usable for .00000001 seconds before i need to shift... The time is spent waiting for said power to build, was time wasted...i took .4 tenths off of my BEST 1/8 mile time ever....(took almost a dozen passes to get this), in only two freaking passes with my stock reflashed TRD S/C...on the same set of tires...So even if my MRK1 as making ~350whp, and the TRD was mustering 330...my truck felt significantly faster, because it was... More power was available through out the entire power band, not just the last 200rpms...:laugh:

The 1-2 shift on any stock tranny XR is killer, more so with a URD kit then the TRD, because the URD falls on its face due to RPMS falling out of the efficiency range... any time you spend waiting for your 9001hp to build, is going to negatively effect your ET's...

always pick usable power, over peak power if your goal is going fast and kicking ass...

One of my favorite sayings... "Horse power sells the car. Torque wins the race"

Tunedx

Reaction score
I loved when Gadget was talking some shit about my TRD on the TEXFEST dyno day, saying how my MRKI made more power... You know, it really might have, but that power is only usable for .00000001 seconds before i need to shift... The time is spent waiting for said power to build, was time wasted...i took .4 tenths off of my BEST 1/8 mile time ever....(took almost a dozen passes to get this), in only two freaking passes with my stock reflashed TRD S/C...on the same set of tires...So even if my MRK1 as making ~350whp, and the TRD was mustering 330...my truck felt significantly faster, because it was... More power was available through out the entire power band, not just the last 200rpms...:laugh:

The 1-2 shift on any stock tranny XR is killer, more so with a URD kit then the TRD, because the URD falls on its face due to RPMS falling out of the efficiency range... any time you spend waiting for your 9001hp to build, is going to negatively effect your ET's...

always pick usable power, over peak power if your goal is going fast and kicking ass...

One of my favorite sayings... "Horse power sells the car. Torque wins the race"

Well put brother. Thats why its TRD for me!!!

I vote TRD vs URD race. It would settle this debate once and for all.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Well put brother. Thats why its TRD for me!!!

I vote TRD vs URD race. It would settle this debate once and for all.

Ive got, on video of me running down a MRKIII stage III in the 1/4, at only 7psi...Me vs butters at Texfest...Gadget was not too pleased with the results from that race....:laugh:...all on factory re-flash and stock tranny...:top: driver mod is the best mod.

and another of me (at 9psi) demolishing a MRKI stage 2...not even fair on the last one though..:rofl:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive got, on video of me running down a MRKIII stage III in the 1/4, at only 7psi...Me vs butters at Texfest...Gadget was not too pleased with the results from that race....:laugh:...all on factory re-flash and stock tranny...:top: driver mod is the best mod.

and another of me (at 9psi) demolishing a MRKI stage 2...not even fair on the last one though..:rofl:

Quite a bit off topic here from the OP's original thread post. Before this turns into a huge debate, in his thread, I am going to politely ask to not clutter up WallasX's thread with said debate. There are other threads for documenting such results, with stats.
Please keep such discussions to those respected areas, and may the best driver/vehicle win. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Quite a bit off topic here from the OP's original thread post. Before this turns into a huge debate, in his thread, I am going to politely ask to not clutter up WallasX's thread with said debate. There are other threads for documenting such results, with stats.
Please keep such discussions to those respected areas, and may the best driver/vehicle win. :top:

...oh yah...you're a mod....this will take some getting used too.:crinklehair: But yah, Tunedx, pm me about it.

Anywho, back on topic....hate to break to you op, if you break into the 12's your doing the something right. 11's...Hahaha....not happening

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Blame me I pm'd Wallasx about his car and had some questions reguarding the numbers, boost level.... he then went public on the forums about people not believing his numbers, so I figured I clear the air and let people know he was referring to me. I didn't mean to get his panties all up in a bunch.

5000XD

Reaction score
Nice numbers for sure.

Have you ran the 1/4?

Top Bottom