Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wanted The…

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,
I know this is a shot in the dark!
Wanted / Looking for just the aluminum lower front spring perch from SOS / Tundra Racing.
These fit over the OEM Bilstein’s I’m hoping someone may have a pair setting in the garage somewhere collecting dust. I was going to give a pair to a CNC shop to see if they could copy & modify.

Thanks guy’s
Randy
Might be faster & better if you emailed me directly; hayrider1969@gmail.com

Gadget

Reaction score
Not sure why you want to put so much effort into copying the spring perches when you can just order the front only lowering kit.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure why you want to put so much effort into copying the spring perches when you can just order the front only lowering kit.

Not sure why URD uses Rotrex superchargers in their systems either! Being they have the worst reliability (per the reports I have read, heard from other owners & experience) of any FI system in the market… Use the worst, in the most reliable trucks on the planet… :( Yes, it’s a neat concept but piss poor design, manufacturing & reliability. Sorry Sir but fluid changes @ 10k not 15k as recommended & @ $125+ per qt. do NOT hammer on it I’m over 60. Only reason it was installed was got tired of down shifting into 3rd gear on freeways to go ride MTB’s in the mountains. There now that I told the truth about my experience with Rotrex and the designer of the kit if this website would like to band me then so be it. I’m betting this will be deleted too…
You write a review on the URD website and for some reason it never shows up. I wonder why?

Seamless

Reaction score
AZ - Every time I read one of your posts you come across as hostile. Relax bud, were here for fun and learning. I would be frustrated too if I was spending $125 every 10k on rotrex oil change, except the recommended service interval is 50k miles...... Procharger is every 6k miles with cheaper fluid but it basically comes out to the same. At my job we install different types of blowers on muscles cars from magnuson, whipple and procharger . I run the URD kit with Rotrex on my truck and am impressed with it.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
AZ - Every time I read one of your posts you come across as hostile. Relax bud, were here for fun and learning. I would be frustrated too if I was spending $125 every 10k on rotrex oil change, except the recommended service interval is 50k miles...... Procharger is every 6k miles with cheaper fluid but it basically comes out to the same. At my job we install different types of blowers on muscles cars from magnuson, whipple and procharger . I run the URD kit with Rotrex on my truck and am impressed with it.

Yeah, I have chip on my shoulder because the Rotrex took a $h!t LONG before it should. After it took a crap I started researching, come to find out I wasn’t the only one that had issues with Reliability! And the cost to replace was OVER half the cost of the kit! They can NOT be rebuilt either. I talk to one owner who was using one on his track car and had to replace it twice within a year. Yes he was running the proper belt. The shaft in the compressor ALWAYS snaps!
Piss Poor Design & Engineering
if you ask me. And people complain about Chinese made stuff, hell the UK is worse!
And the builder of the kit knows about this issue…there’s no way he can’t!

Gadget

Reaction score
Wow!

Just trying to help you out there. Would be way cheaper and easier just to buy the front only kit instead of trying to reverse engineer it and copy it.

Looks like I hit the bees nest with a stick there. I have no idea what any of this has to do with all the other stuff you went on about. Sorry, only trying to help.

(2) Good Morning Vietnam - more dire need of a blowjob - YouTube

madtrucker

Reaction score
It did seem like he was just trying to be helpful. Did you buy the Rotrex from URD?

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
As for the spring perch, another gentleman use his OEM springs, rubber isolator, top mounts and mis. OEM parts on an ride hight adjustable double adjustable shocks to make coilover’s. He used the SOS/Tundra racing spring mount/perch to mount the OEM springs. But the bottom of the aluminum perch needs to be machine out to 2.5” and .500” deep to set center over the adjustable collar for the 2.5” coilover springs. This will keep the perch away from the treads on the treaded shock. Because the way he has them the spring perch has the freedom to move around and could really damage the treads on the aluminum body shock.

Now for URD. They use the absolute worst FI compressor on the market to make their kits! The impeller shaft ALWAYS SNAPS‼️ They can not be rebuilt, they are VERY EXPENSIVE and have to come from the UK! They are a very unique design in a small package but they ARE A TOTAL POS‼️
Then they are advised as plug N play system. Sorry to say it took two of us hours just to get the charge tube from the intercooler to the intake. Why because it’s JUST barely long enough to fit. Had to keep adjusting the intercooler around, bending the AC line and just plain massaging everything to make the tube barely fit. So after hours of work just trying to get the tubes all connected. I decided to call URD the next day to see if I was the only person to have this issue. The person here making comments said I was the first person that he knew that had any issues. So I post the same question on TW. Within two days I get 5 PM’s saying they had the same God damn issue. One guy said he had to cut the tube in half a use a coupling to lengthen the tube. I asked him if he contacted URD about it? He said F*** YES! He said URD told him the same thing and then started to make him fill like he was incapable of the installation. Now how much would it cost the company to add .5” of alloy tubing to a tube or two. I fully understand Tacoma’s are not clocks but when so many have the same issue you think you as a company would look into it. I understand one of the employees is a former police officer. We all know an police officer would never stretch the truth don’t we all? This is just one example. Then the wiring instructions OMG my wife is an English teacher and friend of mine that’s VERY mechanically inclined and my dumb ass all trying to make sense of the instructions. Once you understand what the instructions are trying to say you say shit, damn and a few other choice words. Like I said once you figure out what & why it’s not bad whatsoever but OMG trying to figure it out. Then I send an email asking about the instructions and URD asks if I would like to rewrite the instructions. Hell No that’s not my problem let the next sucker figure it out…G. Please quit brushing issues under the rug.
It’s really Ok because one my other Tacoma’s is having a new Eaton Supercharger system installed this week, then it gets flat bedded to the tuner to flash the OEM computer. No cutting the radiator support no cutting up the OEM wiring. The first prototype was so clean looking it looked like it rolled off the line from Toyota this way. I truly couldn’t believe how clean looking this system was! Will it perform time will tell and I’m so confident that I volunteered our 07 Tacoma w/ 27k on the clock to be a Guinea pig. This baby sets in the garage and only comes out to play once in a great while. Go somewhere in her and come out to love notes on her most asking if we like to give her up.

Last edited:

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
G,
I don’t know how in the Hell you got my number! BUT PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE AND DON’T CALL ME AGAIN, I WILL NOT ANSWER‼️
And if somehow I answer and it’s you I will hang up. If you like to purchase the system back leave a message otherwise don’t call me again! Understand?
Hmmm, I must be hitting something because you know I’m telling the truth otherwise why call me?. Please deny what I’m saying so I can prove you wrong. I’ve just begun…:D
Now I need to start pulling the system off…

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Guys if you think I’m full of it go here and watch & read the comments‼️ Different vendor but the same Rotrex blower.

Gadget

Reaction score
Maybe this video would more accurately detail the issue you are going on and on about.

Just FYI- this issue was mostly with the C30 series superchargers. The spindle shaft was updated many years ago in response to the issue and the supercharger that was shipping in your kit has the latest spindle shaft design.

Have you actually had this issue? Checking your serial number there is no reports or warranty claims filed on it.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I never liked the idea of a centrifugal SC. The manufacturers don't use them. They don't put them on dragsters either. I don't know all the physics it just seems to me like positive displacement is the way to go.

Gadget

Reaction score
I never liked the idea of a centrifugal SC. The manufacturers don't use them. They don't put them on dragsters either. I don't know all the physics it just seems to me like positive displacement is the way to go.

The Rotrex is a bit different. It is true that it is a centrifugal, but it is what I call a high rotational centrifugal. Most centrifugals, Paxton, Vortex and so on have a 2 or 3:1 step up ratio and a large impeller. Most of the power gain comes in the last 3rd of the RPM range. This can have advantages where the vehicle is already traction limited like a Mustang or Corvette, but can still use more power on top. Many of these also make a lot of gear noise at idle.

The Rotrex has a higher step up ratio, the C30 is 9.4:1, the C38 is 7.5:1 and they use a smaller diameter impeller. This results in much more boost sooner in the RPM range than the typical centrifugal and a much flatter torque curve.

URD did a supercharger system for the older 3.4L using a ProCharger and after that we decided to go with Rotrex for future kits. Just seems to cover the RPM range much better, much more compact and very quiet. Its efficiency is really up there too. For example, on the 4.0L when compared directly with the TRD Supercharger, our Rotrex based kits make about twice the power for each pound of boost and once above 2200 RPM matches or exceeds the torque of the TRD.

There are some OEMs that use Rotrex on production cars. The best know is Koenigsegg. They were using two C38-61s on their supercar a while back.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe this video would more accurately detail the issue you are going on and on about.

Just FYI- this issue was mostly with the C30 series superchargers. The spindle shaft was updated many years ago in response to the issue and the supercharger that was shipping in your kit has the latest spindle shaft design.

Have you actually had this issue? Checking your serial number there is no reports or warranty claims filed on it.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT THIS UNIT IS A F-ing POS‼️ Your defense is they are quiet?
Guys please watch both videos and make up your own minds…
Mines out warranty, one reason is I had to wait MONTHS to get the damn fuel pump! Your tight @$$ could have easily upgraded the damn fuel pump. But No you didn’t even try to contact and ask what I wanted. So by time I got the fuel pump our garage was over 100 degrees. I can’t handle that heat anymore. (Yes I’m trying to get my lovely wife to move) Also I knew YOU or Rotrex would be NO help! So why ask? Just like when I called you about the charge tube JUST being Barely long enough to fit. You tell me I was the first person to say anything, I can prove that’s not the case.
Ladies & Gentlemen please do NOT purchase any kit with a Rotrex supercharger. Anyway I now have a Magnuson for the 2TR… The kit is still in the tuning stages and one thing I won’t need is to buy another supercharger unit.
The shaft/s are STILL snapping don’t believe me, just ask anyone who’s owned one. And if they haven’t they will‼️ Not if, but when will they⁉️ Someone needs to bring a class action against and I hope they do.
Sorry I tried to upload the 2TR Magnuson video & a photo but they are to big for my dumb ass to load!
G,
I think you really need to redesign your kits with another supercharger any other supercharger or turbo.
The video you loaded proves my point so Thanks!
My last comment, I want nothing to do with you or URD so don’t ever contact me again! Do you Understand?

Last edited:

madtrucker

Reaction score
It doesn't seem fair that you won't even talk to him. You just come on here and bad mouth him. I would have tried to get some help from URD or Rotrex. At least make them say that they won't help you. I've been surprised sometimes when I call companies. I say I know it's out of warranty, but it really should have lasted longer. See what they say. Sometimes I have had to pay for shipping or parts but it turned out to be my cheapest best option. A lot of companies care about their reputation. It doesn't seem fair to me that you won't even talk to them. Let them look at it, maybe you got a dud. Those things should be able to spin for a good long time. I have had good results by calling people on the phone. At least allow them to make it right, if they don't then come on here and tell us about it.

P.S. Don't go ape on them right off the bat.

Last edited:

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't seem fair that you won't even talk to him. You just come on here and bad mouth him. I would have tried to get some help from URD or Rotrex. At least make them say that they won't help you. I've been surprised sometimes when I call companies. I say I know it's out of warranty, but it really should have lasted longer. See what they say. Sometimes I have had to pay for shipping or parts but it turned out to be my cheapest best option. A lot of companies care about their reputation. It doesn't seem fair to me that you won't even talk to them. Let them look at it, maybe you got a dud. Those things should be able to spin for a good long time. I have had good results by calling people on the phone. At least allow them to make it right, if they don't then come on here and tell us about it.

P.S. Don't go ape on them right off the bat.

Sir,
I called G, and he tells me I was the first to say anything about a damn aluminum tube being to short. Then I asked the same question on another Taco website and I get 5 PM’s and or DM’s in two days from others saying they had/have the same problem. But G, tells me I’m the first he’s heard from, BULL $H!T‼️
So I know better than to try to ask, plus I sold the Rotrex and want nothing to do with him or URD. Plus when URD has a sale there prices are still at full retail. When I worked retail there was a max suggested & min. retail. URD prices are at or above max retail. Just shop their website and you will see…
I’m upset because they know about the issues and do nothing about it. Madtrucker you took me for a ride in your truck with the TRD/Magnuson SC. If you trust G, and his Rotrex system I’m sure there would be a line of people that would take the SC you have in a heartbeat! Then you can then buy one of URD New and Improved Rotrex systems. There’s not ONE single OEM manufacture using the Rotrex system and the company that G, said was is now using Turbo’s. They even dumped Rotrex…Plus that company can’t even legally sell their cars in the US from what I read!
Sorry buddy but I don’t care what others think of me I just want potential buyers to know that there are MAJOR reliability issues with Rotrex‼️
G, prove me wrong. I love to know of just one person who gotten more than 100k on one. Hell I bet you be hard pressed to find one with more than 60k miles. When there are Taco’s with over 300k miles and still going…
Mad and others you can’t say you haven’t been warned…

madtrucker

Reaction score
Sir,
I called G, and he tells me I was the first to say anything about a damn aluminum tube being to short. Then I asked the same question on another Taco website and I get 5 PM’s and or DM’s in two days from others saying they had/have the same problem. But G, tells me I’m the first he’s heard from, BULL $H!T‼️
So I know better than to try to ask, plus I sold the Rotrex and want nothing to do with him or URD. Plus when URD has a sale there prices are still at full retail. When I worked retail there was a max suggested & min. retail. URD prices are at or above max retail. Just shop their website and you will see…
I’m upset because they know about the issues and do nothing about it. Madtrucker you took me for a ride in your truck with the TRD/Magnuson SC. If you trust G, and his Rotrex system I’m sure there would be a line of people that would take the SC you have in a heartbeat! Then you can then buy one of URD New and Improved Rotrex systems. There’s not ONE single OEM manufacture using the Rotrex system and the company that G, said was is now using Turbo’s. They even dumped Rotrex…Plus that company can’t even legally sell their cars in the US from what I read!
Sorry buddy but I don’t care what others think of me I just want potential buyers to know that there are MAJOR reliability issues with Rotrex‼️
G, prove me wrong. I love to know of just one person who gotten more than 100k on one. Hell I bet you be hard pressed to find one with more than 60k miles. When there are Taco’s with over 300k miles and still going…
Mad and others you can’t say you haven’t been warned…
I'm happy with my TRD SC. I have all TRD stuff on my truck and Caltrac traction bars. I have no URD stuff on my truck. They were so new and TRD had been around & was backed by Toyota. Plus a 5 year warranty on the SC if they put it on. I like positive displacement SC's. They are so peppy. They come off the line in a hurry. I always try to get companies to back up their products. It doesn't always work & it's a pain shipping stuff and waiting for it. I'm glad you got out from Under that Rotrex. Sometimes it is better to cut your losses and be done with the headaches. I know you're going to like that new Eaton that you got.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
G,
I get more than enough‼️ Maybe you need one?

E0872209-0CC5-4E99-A280-4B4091C2C7BA.jpeg

Top Bottom