Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WB Part 2... Surprise!!!

Doublld

Reaction score
Have you done a leak down test to make sure you havent blown a head gasket

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Have you done a leak down test to make sure you havent blown a head gasket

i was just gonna ask how do u do that????

I assure u i havent blown n e thing.. previous owner probably did n didnt say n e thing about it... wish he did though i would have done the job while the engine was out..

Gadget

Reaction score
If you have coolant blowing out of your coolant expansion tank you likely have a bad head gasket or a cracked head.

You can test the coolant for signs of combustion gasses to verify it, but at the end of the day I will bet those heads will be coming off.

G

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
A simple leak down would be to put a compression tester on the cylinder and crank the motor a few times, once you get your reading let it sit for a few min at pressure. Say it's at 160psi it should stay relatively close to that but off after a couple min it drops to 120psi there is an issue.

A leak down kit is pretty much the same as a compression tester however instead of cranking the motor it allows you to use a compressor to pump air into the cylinder which not only will show on the gauge but in some cases lead to bubbles in the reservoir.

I am no tech by any means but that's what I gathered when troubleshooting my motor...

Gadget

Reaction score
Head gasket failure does not always present with such testing unless they are pretty far gone.

Blowing coolant out of the tank is a good indication that combustion is pressurizing the fuel system.

Testing the coolant for combustion by products is a clear confirmation that the system is compromised. Does not really tell you if it is cracked head or bad gasket.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any oil residue visible, in the over flow tank?

I'm with Gadget. Sounds like a head gasket to me.

Have you checked your spark plugs for anything abnormal?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well I checked the O2 sensors even swapped the passenger side one with the old driver side. N it looks like it might have fixed the code issue.. To early to tell.... Checked passenger side plugs n they look peachy... Haven't gotten around to checking driver side.....

What's the stock size headgasket for these engines? .021 right?

What a Ffffff load a crap....some people...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better take some pictures of that bad boy, and post them up!

Top Bottom