Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weak ass windshield

x20Runner05

Reaction score
It dont take much to shatter a windshield. Just a pebble can spider it actuially. Sorry for your loss but thats a good deal for glass installed.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
the stock widows suck i flung my visor down and bam big spider crack i only paid $180 and they also came to my house.

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
What is up with the windshield on my truck?!?!?

I had the wiper blade off it while changing them and it slipped out of my fingers to smack against the glass. It was only from a few inches away, not like it was way up or anything. Well it put a tiny crack where it hit, hardly noticeable. A day later there is a crack running up the glass for a few inches and growing each day.

Then a rock on the highway hits the very top of the glass right above the drivers view. Just a little chip is what it looked like, but by the time i got to work that morning i had a spider web about 4 inches coming down. I went over some RR tracks the same day and CRACK!!! the cracks shot across my window to the opposite side.:argh:

Well, getting a replacement this morning, just waiting for the guy to show and do the work.

Safelight repair(i think they are national) is charging me $242.00 for the whole thing. Even coming to my house to do it. Seems like a good price to me :dontknow:

Was my factory glass just a weird one or are our windshields that weak? Seems like in other vehicles ive had they were a bit more resilient

dude that is crazy i just had the same thing happen to me, it was raining i took the blade off because i was changing the blades and the wiper arm slipped out my hand and cracked the windshield and it was $250 for mine to get replaced:thumpdown::thumpdown:

rich017

Reaction score
Florida law to get free replacement down here:smile:

STONER-X

Reaction score
seen it before.... same thing happened to a buddy.....

didnt read all posts...

all windshields are pretty weak... some are just luckier than others...... i think the difference between a rock chip and what happened to you is the angle of impact

when a rock hits your window on the road nomally hits straight on in the direction the truck is going.. soooo ill call it the angle of impact is at 45 deg the shock is able to rebound....the rock hits and continues over the roof of the truck or so on....

the wiper hitting the window is a straight on sharp impact applied directly down ward (almost like "T" boning another car) when it impacts the window the force is applied down and the shock is applied threw the window casusing a crack.......

they are designed not to shatter not crack

thats my thoughts on why the windows crack so easy......

Slay0r

Reaction score
theres a couple places local that wont charge above $149 for a windshield. granted its weak glass, but im sure its strong enough to hold up to the windshield wiper lol

see what safelite would charge

Top Bottom